One reason why travel insurance is required to un-vaxed.

nina_930

So I came across this on the Grand Turk Port site.  This is a perfect reason for why Carnival is requiring travel insurance for unvaccinated.  I am sure other ports are requiring the same.

https://www.grandturkcc.com/port-information/health-and-safety-covid-19-standards.aspx

(1) Cruise Line Operator will either (a) assume the full financial responsibility for the medical care and safe evacuation or medical transportation of all passengers or crew who may be found to have or suspected of having COVID-19 or (b) will ensure that any passenger not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 aboard any vessel berthing at the Port facilities has obtained travel insurance prior to departure on the subject cruise to cover the cost of medical care and safe evacuation in case of an infection with COVID-19. This travel insurance policy must have a minimum of $10,000 per person in medical expense coverage and $30,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation with no COVID-19 exclusions.

7 hours ago, nina_930 said:

So I came across this on the Grand Turk Port site.  This is a perfect reason for why Carnival is requiring travel insurance for unvaccinated.  I am sure other ports are requiring the same.

https://www.grandturkcc.com/port-information/health-and-safety-covid-19-standards.aspx

(1) Cruise Line Operator will either (a) assume the full financial responsibility for the medical care and safe evacuation or medical transportation of all passengers or crew who may be found to have or suspected of having COVID-19 or (b) will ensure that any passenger not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 aboard any vessel berthing at the Port facilities has obtained travel insurance prior to departure on the subject cruise to cover the cost of medical care and safe evacuation in case of an infection with COVID-19. This travel insurance policy must have a minimum of $10,000 per person in medical expense coverage and $30,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation with no COVID-19 exclusions.

Just bought insurance via Trawick.  $54 for both of us with $7500 pp trip interruption/quarantine and $50,000 medical coverage.  Covid is included in coverage.    I am 65 and hubbs is 60.  Very reasonable.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2021 at 7:49 PM, sailingships said:

The ships aren t going to GT in August

But Princess is in December,  Carnival canceled that port on at least 1 of their November cruises due to the port's requirements.  (Princess sails 100% vaxed, Carnival allows unvaxed children)