Will they accept a DIY Home test for the covid virus ?

RetiredRich

14 minutes ago, atexsix said:

They are finally supplying us with links for testing locations downtown.

Very nice of them. They are ramping up to meet the need for info. But there was much info out there for you to find with a little research. Travel to Hawaii, including from Seattle, has had some requirements for testing for about 10 months now. Travel internationally, with testing requirements, has been out there for a couple of months now, using many of the same testing vendors as Hawaii. Both Hawaii and internationally, are using almost the exact same requirements (negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure) as the cruise lines, so they aren't really reinventing the wheel. I tried to give the option of Worksite Labs (in Seattle, and 4 or 5 other cities) as a possible way to meet the testing requirements. There are many other providers out there if you look around.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Very nice of them. They are ramping up to meet the need for info. But there was much info out there for you to find with a little research. Travel to Hawaii, including from Seattle, has had some requirements for testing for about 10 months now. Travel internationally, with testing requirements, has been out there for a couple of months now, using many of the same testing vendors as Hawaii. Both Hawaii and internationally, are using almost the exact same requirements (negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure) as the cruise lines, so they aren't really reinventing the wheel. I tried to give the option of Worksite Labs (in Seattle, and 4 or 5 other cities) as a possible way to meet the testing requirements. There are many other providers out there if you look around.

Yes, I've been researching for 48 hours, it's not lack of information, it's will it be exactly the type of test HAL desires.  I found a couple urgent care places right in our little town that offer the rapid tests, but they don't have appointments, you just go on the day you want it, that could be a Plan B.  I want an actual appointment for Plan A. 

• Like 1

Without the details everything was an assumption, I assumed that what was good for Hawaii was good for HAL but not having these details till today was an unknown.  I lined up 3 different test for the 8/14 cruise because I was not 100% sure what HAL wanted, now I can cancel them.  Can’t wait to cruise again!  It’s been fun watching your post @atexsix, thank you for your comments and experience around the HAL testing requirement.  🙂

@Boytjie 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well.html

down at the bottom are FAQ’s including home testing

Seattle test locations under FAQ: Will Holland America be able to provide Covid testing locations in port locations?  However I’m getting a 404 error on King County location link.

Edited by Lildare
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lildare said:

@Boytjie 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well.html

down at the bottom are FAQ’s including home testing

Seattle test locations under FAQ: Will Holland America be able to provide Covid testing locations in port locations?  However I’m getting a 404 error on King County location link.

And the Curative site says results may only be available 2 or more days after receipt at the lab.Too close for comfort for me. 

9676C86B-EED9-45A2-8F86-A7C4CCD27333.jpeg

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 2

Here are the tests from the Q&A that will be accepted, including NAAT tests from what I read 8/7.  They hadn't mentioned the NAAT test in their "PCR or antigen" general comment.  I think seeing the NAAT tests as an option opens the door for more test choices, as in the Walgreen's Rapid ID Now test, which is molecular I believe. 

"Guests must be tested with a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). 

Antigen tests include:

• Rapid antigen test 
  • Viral antigen test  
  • Antigen Chromatographic Digital Immunoassay 
  • Antigen Chemiluminescence Immunoassay  
  • Antigen Lateral Flow Fluorescence

NAAT include:

• PCR - Polymerase chain reaction  
  • RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR   
  • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)  
  • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) test
  • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA) test  
  • Molecular test or molecular diagnostic test  
  • Isothermal amplification  
  • Droplet Digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)  
  • Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)"