Cruising Solo, Steakhouse question

tbone77

On 8/10/2021 at 4:14 PM, JHU said:

Along with a light jacket or shawl in my evening tote, I always have a book to read at a solo table.  Reading allows me to tune out noise and relaxes me.  It's also an ice breaker.  

I listen to books.  Passes the time away between courses.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 10:25 AM, Ilovesailaway said:

Honestly, I think its a little sad when I see someone eating dinner alone. Other meals like a quick lunch or breakfast in a more casual setting and I don't think twice. 

Sorry if you disagree, I am sure many don't give it a second thought but when I see someone dine alone I want to invite them to join my table.

Funny, when I dine solo it's sometimes possible to overhear other conversations    and it makes me sad when just one person berates the other during the entire meal...... well, I'm just joking, I don't really care one way or the other!!

Good food and service is the goal I seek when I dine - solo or with others.JMO, YMMV.

• 3 weeks later...

What I've found is that most people will be so caught up in what they are doing (either talking to other people at their table, or checking their phones) that they won't even notice or care what some stranger at another table is doing. Regardless of whether you're by yourself or not.