Carnival Miracle Internet

Bananaboatcrew

Going on the Miracle cruise 8/17 and was looking at internet options and they have magically disappeared. Website glitch or are they having issues with the wifi like in previous threads that they are just not offering it currently? image.png.275e94e9e736ee5f87c7b3efb22daa4c.png

Edited by Bananaboatcrew

I came here looking for info on this too.  Someone in our FB group posted this....

Just a heads up, this will kill my wife but we were just told by our TA that Carnival is cancelling orders and refunding WiFi packages because they can’t get it to work and it will be down the remainder of the Alaska season.

2 minutes ago, mheinrich said:

I came here looking for info on this too.  Someone in our FB group posted this....

Just a heads up, this will kill my wife but we were just told by our TA that Carnival is cancelling orders and refunding WiFi packages because they can’t get it to work and it will be down the remainder of the Alaska season.

Well that answers that mystery, o well being off the grid isn't the worse thing. We will just have to check in at port.

Edited by Bananaboatcrew

On 8/5/2021 at 4:53 PM, mheinrich said:

I was on the July 27th sailing, and the internet was terrible. I was able to get a refund by simply emailing guestcare@carnival.com

I just returned from aboard the Miracle today and the internet experience was shoddy at best. Throughout the Tracy Arm Fjord to Skagway portion it wasn’t working at all on the sea day.  Other days it would cut in and/out and although we knew it was futile waving our phones around incessantly to see if WiFi would improve but it was a worthless exercise because the internal WiFi itself is fine, it’s just the weather and other satellite issues contributed to the outages. The Hub app connects fine and is speedy but the reservation system seems to have stalled and the confirmations for your reservation would come hours late or something, but it didn’t really need to be done thru the app as you can just walk right up to the front counter and they have plenty of seating.  

As for the internet, you could fall back on the Cellular at Sea option and pay roaming fees, but here’s a Pro tip: if you plan ahead you can setup your mobile carrier to allow international all-day passes for $10 (if you’re AT&T and other carriers offer it) and throughout some segments of the cruise while away from the ports, you can secretly find Bell, Telus, and Rogers cell networks that you can bind to.  On iPhones, you would go to your cellular settings and there is a section for Network/carrier selection and you toggle OFF automatically selecting.  Then, you’ll be presented with the list of other cell networks you can join because you just so happen to be close enough to some habited land. If it’s set to automatically select, the Cellular at Sea is the strongest signal so it gets sucked into it and you’d pay pricier data fees. 

I will say that the WIFI did improve after leaving Ketchikan and browsing web pages was possible, but don’t bother trying to watch any kind of streaming video. I hope this info helps  anyone traveling on the Miracle this season! 

• Like 1