Children under 12 now considered unvaccinated? Will we all be segregated?

crusingatthebuffet

My wife and I and our 2 year old have a MSC Divina cruise out of Florida in September. At the time of booking our two year old was considered fully vaccinated since both my wife and I are. I just received an email update that makes it sound like now our 2 year old will be considered unvaccinated and as a result we will all now be segregated in with the unvaccinated people on the ship. Can anyone confirm that I'm reading this correctly and/or provide any more information? Thanks ahead of time. 

The website Health and Safety wording:

On board our ships sailing in the Caribbean, all guests will be able to enjoy a variety of entertainment, activities, venues, and dining options. At specific times, events, activities, venues and dining, will be designated for vaccinated guests only. If you are traveling together with non-vaccinated guests they will not be allowed to enter the vaccinated only areas, however we will have plenty of options for events open to all.

To me that reads if there is a mix traveling together the vaccinated can make use of the vaccinated only events while the non-vaccinated may not.  So the only problem areas I could see would be due to not being able to leave your child, primarily being using a non-vaccinated dining room (not sure Divina will even have a vaccinated only MDR) and excursion limitations.

I would be interested in seeing the actual wording of the letter.

I believe a traveling party containing unvaccinated will be restricted to MSC shore excursions.  

Now can the unvaccinated stay onboard (not unsupervised minors, of course) while the vaccinated members venture onshore freely?  Not sure.

PLEASE NOTE: Fully vaccinated guests in the same traveling party with a not fully vaccinated guest or a child 11 years old or younger are considered not fully vaccinated for the purposes of shore excursions.

Edited by logan25
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, crusingatthebuffet said:

At the time of booking our two year old was considered fully vaccinated since both my wife and I are.

may I ask whatever gave you this idea?

I booked a cruise with our 10 yo, and I have been fully aware that he is and will be considered unvaccinated, even though the rest of the party is vaxxed. Consequently, we will most likely only be able to take bubble excursions through the cruise.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

may I ask whatever gave you this idea?

Not long ago MSC US sailing Health & Safety policy clearly stated that children under 12 would be treated as vaccinated if the parents were both vaccinated and treated as not vaccinated if the parents were not vaccinated.  Unfortunately that likely did not work with the CDC rules and MSC recanted to their current position.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Até said:

Not long ago MSC US sailing Health & Safety policy clearly stated that children under 12 would be treated as vaccinated if the parents were both vaccinated and treated as not vaccinated if the parents were not vaccinated.  Unfortunately that likely did not work with the CDC rules and MSC recanted to their current position.

How interesting, thanks! I booked a couple of months ago.