Live from Steerage. Onboard Mardi Gras now. Ask us anything.

KmomChicago

39 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

First stop every day will be at Street Eats to peruse the choices.  Between here, Big Chicken, stir frys at Chibang and Cucina,  Guys, and Iguana....impossible to go hungry. 

Opens at 11:30 on sea days. Yes sooooooooooo many options.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

First stop every day will be at Street Eats to peruse the choices.  Between here, Big Chicken, stir frys at Chibang and Cucina,  Guys, and Iguana....impossible to go hungry. 

I might have missed this answer about 'Street Eats' fries,  if so, bear with me. Is it like Guys, do they use fresh fries or is it the generic 'white' tasteless so-called fries used by countless fast food outlets, who bury them under a ton of salt. Trying, I guess, to give 'em SOME sort of flavor.

Mac

1 hour ago, SmoothFlying said:

I might have missed this answer about 'Street Eats' fries,  if so, bear with me. Is it like Guys, do they use fresh fries or is it the generic 'white' tasteless so-called fries used by countless fast food outlets, who bury them under a ton of salt. Trying, I guess, to give 'em SOME sort of flavor.

Mac

I didn’t notice exactly but I wouldn’t say for sure they are fresh cut as Big Chicken fries seemed to be. The flavors come from the toppings primarily. You know, I didn’t have a single Guy’s burger meal at all this cruise. I can’t compare. Wild.

1 hour ago, Coopdog08 said:

Does fresh creations have feta cheese? Goat cheese? Cranberries? Nuts? What were the toppings? Nothing like a great salad! 

I know this sounds ridiculous but I barely could tell. I have long hair and I’m telling you it was blowing everywhere, in my face, I could hardly see. We saw a lady putting ranch dressing on her salad from a few inches up and I swear drops of it were blowing across the deck as she poured. My husband had a glass of Mountain Dew and that was blowing out of the daggone glass. I got some pumpkin seeds in mine and yes there was craisins and a yellow cheese plus shrimp, ham, bacon, I think chicken. It was really just a standard modern small salad bar. My husband said the ranch dressing wasn’t very good. I got balsamic and it was fine.

We were there only maybe a minute or two just trying to keep it from blowing away before we dashed off. It was ludicrous, we and the salad crew guy were just laughing hysterically.

29 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

They were not using that menu that I could see. You just pointed and told them what you wanted on your greens that you tonged into your bowl then handed to him. Originally I planned to order one of those but apparently abandoned already 

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

I didn’t notice exactly but I wouldn’t say for sure they are fresh cut as Big Chicken fries seemed to be. The flavors come from the toppings primarily. You know, I didn’t have a single Guy’s burger meal at all this cruise. I can’t compare. Wild.

I understand completely ! 😀 I hope to try the places Sept 11 IF everything works out right and CCL doesn't cancel THAT cruise ( like the past 3 in a year and a half) we're keeping fingers crossed. BTW really enjoyed your 'first person' correspondence on the BIG MG.You ever get the chance, I bet you could REALLY do fantastic 'you are here' viral report on the newer MSC ships. From what I've read about them, they really beautiful !

Mac

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I know this sounds ridiculous but I barely could tell. I have long hair and I’m telling you it was blowing everywhere, in my face, I could hardly see. We saw a lady putting ranch dressing on her salad from a few inches up and I swear drops of it were blowing across the deck as she poured. My husband had a glass of Mountain Dew and that was blowing out of the daggone glass. I got some pumpkin seeds in mine and yes there was craisins and a yellow cheese plus shrimp, ham, bacon, I think chicken. It was really just a standard modern small salad bar. My husband said the ranch dressing wasn’t very good. I got balsamic and it was fine.

We were there only maybe a minute or two just trying to keep it from blowing away before we dashed off. It was ludicrous, we and the salad crew guy were just laughing hysterically.

Is this because it's on a high deck? I was on the Panorama and had the exact same issue in regards to wind. Gave a new, new meaning to tossing salad I'll tell you that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

Menu from Friday night MDR, last night of this cruise!!! No matter how long a cruise is, it needs to be 2 more nights. 

5E8B2DC8-FABC-4B3A-BD55-CBA2A3EDBDD9.png

CF132DCB-7A19-44EE-9878-C3FCC3012D8B.png

9B5DA3B8-5BD1-4649-A30E-BAAF407DEFE2.png

450F39B7-609B-4F3D-8F12-1BDA68FFEADC.png

This was the same food on our last night Aug 11th, on the Magic, I liked the frog legs, and baked Alaska, miss the dining room food.

• Like 1

A very informative and entertaining thread, beholding to everyone about everything Mardi Gras. Anyone paying attention and who will subsequently be sailing MS MG has been educated. Lessons learned should  prove to be invaluable.

Kudos to Kmom and associates for a job well done. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheGrandSnackoneer said:

Is this because it's on a high deck? I was on the Panorama and had the exact same issue in regards to wind. Gave a new, new meaning to tossing salad I'll tell you that.

Yes it’s up top and there’s some wind tunnel effect in the pool area only. As soon as you take a few steps to the side this is not an issue so there’s some crazy engineering or physics involved with how the wind is misbehaving in the center area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

A very informative and entertaining thread, beholding to everyone about everything Mardi Gras. Anyone paying attention and who will subsequently be sailing MS MG has been educated. Lessons learned should  prove to be invaluable.

Kudos to Kmom and associates for a job well done. 

Thanks Spif. I couldn’t do it without my associates. It’s been an honor and a pleasure. 

• Thanks 1