Correspondence from Cruise Line

mapsd

21 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Visit Fécamp and its mighty palace

That mighty palace is where B&B is made . . . tasting should be available. At least it was when we did a similar excursion with a different cruise line. 

We sail on Scenic Azure  for the first time, in 2 weeks and have received nothing! I called Scenic and was told I would receive an e mail by August 16 and at that time I can down load the information and print my boarding passes. Nothing so far...  We booked on July 9,2021.

Once again Ama has me doubting my cruise line choice. As I've mentioned I felt they were very late getting our documents out to us. We missed out on two shore excursion because they were already filled when we got our chance to sign up. 

Today when I attempted to print our United boarding passes Jane's was no problem but I kept getting a message saying I couldn't check in. After a bit more effort the system told me it wasn't possible because the name on my passport does not match the name on the United ticket. Ama issued the ticket with a misspelling of my middle name. 

I called United and they said because the ticket was issued by Ama, they couldn't change it. I called Ama and they said our travel agent has to change it. After pointing out my T/A was closed and it was Ama's error, not the T/A they said they can't 'fix' the ticket at this late date. All then could do was include an addendum to the ticket noting the error. The young lady said United SHOULD accept that as a valid reason to adjust the ticket. 

Right now I don't have much faith in Ama based on their performance so far and I have a feeling there's a reasonable chance I may not be getting on the airplane. 

All's well that ends well. When we got to the airport the young lady at the self service kiosk took one look at my ticket and said, "No big deal, it's only one letter." She had it fixed in about 10 second. Thank you United! 🙂

• Like 5

Glad things are sorted.  Avalon sent us air ticket info in June for our May 2022 cruise in order that we could check the info. My cousin had a similar problem, and she couldn't board, so I am very careful checking.

Have a great trip, hope to hear all about it, either if you get a chance while onboard, or when you get back.