Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

11 hours ago, no1superfan said:

Just finished a call into Princess where I was told that first time cruisers cannot make reservations until 60 days before sailing. Yes, everyone is paid in full. 

Is this a new policy?

We are platinium with a reserve class cabin and we are bringing our kids/grandkids with us for their first cruise. They are in standard balconies. All we are tring to do is get a traditional table for us to dine together.

May I ask why you booked Reserve when you plan to eat in the MDR?

I think they said earlier that they chose the cabin for another reason and didn't want Reserve dining because they want to eat with their family (who do not have Reserve.)  I suspect they will have to wait to board to straighten it out.  That Princess algorithm is not going to let them loose from their Reserve status.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kay S said:

I think they said earlier that they chose the cabin for another reason and didn't want Reserve dining because they want to eat with their family (who do not have Reserve.)  I suspect they will have to wait to board to straighten it out.  That Princess algorithm is not going to let them loose from their Reserve status.

Agree!  
It is disconcerting to have to wait to make plans for a group until onboard...I hope they can work it out.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 11:20 PM, suzyed said:

May I ask why you booked Reserve when you plan to eat in the MDR?

We booked the Reserved Class MS because we simply love the balcony, location and the extra space.

We've found there isn't that much of a difference in the Traditional vs. Reserve Class MDR. It is nice to arrive whenever and be greeted and seated, but we tend to arrive on time anyway. The 1 extra choice of entree is also nice plus the wait staff in the suite area may be the more experienced onboard. They have always been superb. I am sure the extra tip envelopes are thicker in that section.

On 7/5/2024 at 1:40 PM, lorri111 said:

Is anyone able to get access to full range of dining options for over a year out? We are on Crow Sept 25 and only had option of Traditional, not Reservable.

I am on Crown in January and yesterday was able to book every night as required on the new app

• Thanks 1

It's been 7 years since we did our last Princess cruise. Looks like things have changed quite a bit. Back then there were fixed times for early MDR and late MDR (something like 5:45pm and 7:30pm, IIRC).  We're booked for 3 cabins on Emerald Princess next April and I'm trying to get us all on a table for 6 for early MDR (early used to fill up so I'm trying now).  The app is telling me I'm unable to make reservations (says must be paid in full or have a higher level).  But I seem to be getting in via the webpage using the OceanReady link ("Try our web version").  I can get to Dine My Way in there and it gives me Evening MDR times anywhere from 5pm-8:20pm.  Does that mean there's no longer fixed EARLY and LATE MDR times??  We can just pick anything?

Also, it won't let me ADD GUESTS.  When I try that button and give it another booking#, nothing happens.  Seems to fail on the search.  None of us are high level (just Ruby).

I did call them and the rep said he would submit something to link our 3 cabins.  But that we'd have to use the app to book the dining times.  Maybe I just wait a few days to see if they link us, and maybe all 6 passengers will show up in OceanReady? Or the ADD guests will work?

Or is none of this even supposed to work for us yet until we're fully paid in January?

Confusing.  Any suggestions?

Traditional dining is back as of September 14.  It your cruise is after that, there will be one MDR with Traditional dining.  Most appear to be at 5 pm and 7:30 pm.  If you are picking 6 pm, it will not give you the Traditional dining option because that is not the time it is offered.