CPAP Question.....

klfhngr

Does it have to be disclosed, or can we just pack it in our luggage and leave at that? We will not be requesting distilled water, but possibly an extension cord. I was reading the 'Carnival discriminates...' thread and it's now making me wonder if we should disclose or not, any help is appreciated!

Things are different now. But I have always carried my c-pap and brought my own extension cord.

I never informed any one, I never ask for water,  I have been doing this for over 20 years.

I read the post you were referring to and there had to be for to it.

I don't understand this huge thing for distilled water for 7 days.  Not that big of a deal. 

• Like 1

I've heard there were issue with bi-pap machines because they require an oxygen source (?).

But OP.. just pack your CPAP in it's carrying case and bring it on board with you.  Should be room to stick an extension chord in there somewhere.  You're not talking extensive distances.  And yes ship water for 5-7 days is fine.  Maybe use a new filter or change filters when you get home.

The restrictions now are for people who are oxygen dependent including oxygen generators. It may impact CPAP machines with an oxygen component. I don’t think there are any restrictions for standard CPAP machines.

11 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I've heard there were issue with bi-pap machines because they require an oxygen source (?).

But OP.. just pack your CPAP in it's carrying case and bring it on board with you.  Should be room to stick an extension chord in there somewhere.  You're not talking extensive distances.  And yes ship water for 5-7 days is fine.  Maybe use a new filter or change filters when you get home.

Not even all BiPAP machines use oxygen. It is just having oxygen tanks that are restricted. I never use distilled water, even at home. I just clean out the tank every so often. Any sediment in the water is just going to be left in the tank. It is not going to effect the machine operation or what you breathe in. In the Caribbean humidity, probably don't even need a humidifier.

2 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Does it have to be disclosed, or can we just pack it in our luggage and leave at that? We will not be requesting distilled water, but possibly an extension cord. I was reading the 'Carnival discriminates...' thread and it's now making me wonder if we should disclose or not, any help is appreciated!

Hubby used his CPAP last month on the Horizon and we are currently on the Mardi Gras B2B with no issues.

we always carry his unit on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Things are different now. But I have always carried my c-pap and brought my own extension cord.

I never informed any one, I never ask for water,  I have been doing this for over 20 years.

I read the post you were referring to and there had to be for to it.

I don't understand this huge thing for distilled water for 7 days.  Not that big of a deal. 

The water onboard actually is a for of distilled as that is how they process it. No need for a bottle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rolaur said:

The water onboard actually is a for of distilled as that is how they process it. No need for a bottle.

Not true.  The reason distilled water is recommended for humidifiers, CPAP is because  it contains almost ZERO minerals that cause scale to firm inside the internal elements of those devices.  Using the tap is fine for washing, brushing but those water lines contain billions of microbes 🦠.  Bottled water ir distilled wont.  So you are taking a HUGE risk by sending steam into your nasal cavity & lungs. Where the perfect environment lives to give you one hell of a respiratory illness.  But, what do i know…😷

2 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Look thru other threads, you'll see, on the Carnival board. And who's sneaking anything, read it right and take a chill pill. Only question was to disclose or not, simple as that. No one is sneaking anything, except my rum runners!

You obviously misread my post.  However, bringing alcohol on board is childish. But, the spirit of my post was stop acting like scared little kids. Put on your big boy, girl or gender neutral pants and bring your machine on board and dint hide it. Thst story of someone getting kicked of is total BULL💩. Too many things left out of her story.  Also don't be so gullible to believe what you read because most of it is 1/2 truths anyway.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mikeandliz said:
2 hours ago, rolaur said:

Not true.  The reason distilled water is recommended for humidifiers, CPAP is because  it contains almost ZERO minerals that cause scale to firm inside the internal elements of those devices.  Using the tap is fine for washing, brushing but those water lines contain billions of microbes 🦠.  Bottled water ir distilled wont.  So you are taking a HUGE risk by sending steam into your nasal cavity & lungs. Where the perfect environment lives to give you one hell of a respiratory illness.  But, what do i know…😷

I don’t use the water portion of my cpap. I’m afraid of drowning.  
I read about it happening on Tik Tok while staying at a motel 8 with Tom Bodett 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikeandliz said:
3 hours ago, rolaur said:

Been cruising for over 300 days with a CPAP and nothing has "grown" in my lungs. Sorry to have tried to be of help. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

DH has carried on used his CPAP on several  cruises. I note it under special needs. They staff has always been great - they ask when checking in if he needs an extension cord (No, he brings his own) and if we need distilled water delivered to our cabin (yes, thank you - as the earlier post said. I think it is about $4). Never any problem.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mikeandliz said:

You obviously misread my post.  However, bringing alcohol on board is childish. But, the spirit of my post was stop acting like scared little kids. Put on your big boy, girl or gender neutral pants and bring your machine on board and dint hide it. Thst story of someone getting kicked of is total BULL💩. Too many things left out of her story.  Also don't be so gullible to believe what you read because most of it is 1/2 truths anyway.  

Didn't realize I was giving the impression that I was scared, it was a simple question. Nothing about being gullible. When I posted my story about missing the ship, MANY people thought that I was bs'ing and making up stories. Hence, if I don't have a reason not to believe you, I'll believe you! Sorry man, I'm a positive person. Innocent until proven guilty.