Anyone booked within 3 weeks from UK

sgmn

Hi, we've just booked Silhouette for later this  month and from what I gather from this board is that the invite/link to book the covid PCR test is normally sent out 3 weeks before departure. Does anyone have experience of last minute bookings? Will we still automatically be sent the link even though we're within 3 weeks or should I call Celebrity for guidance 

Edited by sgmn

I do not although am aware they will reimburse your for costs (Boots PCR as example) if you cannot get the Eurofinns free PCR sorted. 

There is a looooong UK Staycation thread which may help you.

I just saw that Celebrity demanded 4 weeks between vaccines. Mine was 22 days as I was a frontline healthcare professional and they were doing the initial NHS and elderly at 3 weeks so my September cruise now in peril!!

• Thanks 1

I booked a couple of weeks ago for departure 21st August. Whilst I received plenty of e mails about health and safety on board I did not receive the link. I therefore mentioned it to my travel agent who obtained it for me from Celebrity the same day.

The registration page asks for your County. Minor point but the nearest test centre in Lancashire was further than the one in Cumbria so I opted for that one.

6 hours ago, Enjoyacruise said:

I booked a couple of weeks ago for departure 21st August. Whilst I received plenty of e mails about health and safety on board I did not receive the link. I therefore mentioned it to my travel agent who obtained it for me from Celebrity the same day.

The registration page asks for your County. Minor point but the nearest test centre in Lancashire was further than the one in Cumbria so I opted for that one.

Same here, I've had the health and safety emails from celebrity , but now 17 days to dept and no link to book pcr test. I'll phone my travel agent tomorrow 

Edited by sgmn

13 hours ago, sgmn said:

Hi, we've just booked Silhouette for later this  month and from what I gather from this board is that the invite/link to book the covid PCR test is normally sent out 3 weeks before departure. Does anyone have experience of last minute bookings? Will we still automatically be sent the link even though we're within 3 weeks or should I call Celebrity for guidance 

I would call Celebrity or message direct via Facebook or Twitter to get an email sent out ASAP.

12 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I do not although am aware they will reimburse your for costs (Boots PCR as example) if you cannot get the Eurofinns free PCR sorted. 

There is a looooong UK Staycation thread which may help you.

I just saw that Celebrity demanded 4 weeks between vaccines. Mine was 22 days as I was a frontline healthcare professional and they were doing the initial NHS and elderly at 3 weeks so my September cruise now in peril!!

I had an email at 8am this morning that was sent out at 1:45am about mixed vaccines and something about being at least 4 weeks apart. I had to click to acknowledge, and when I did the webpage that opened said the response time had expired making me think they withdrew it. 

The current guidance on Celebrity website is that the6 will accept mixed vaccines, and that anyone having AstraZeneca mixed with one of the others had to have the AZ dose first and the other within 8-12 weeks.

I think you’ll be okay, especially if you haven’t had mixed vaccines.

I booked 7 days before departure and did not receive the PCR email. I contacted customer services the following morning (a Saturday) and after an awfully long wait to get connected, a very efficient agent extracted our details and sent us an email with the link to eurofins. We managed to get the tests done the following Tuesday. The official email from Celebrity arrived after we had taken the tests! I would advise contacting Celebrity even though you may be on hold for a long time (My call took over an hour to resolve)

• Like 1

I received an email titled "Important Updates to Testing and Health Screening Requirements"

This contained a link to register with Eurofins and a reference ID.

It was sent from Celebrity, I booked my cruise on 11th August, so not very long ago.

5 hours ago, GeeJayUK said:

I booked 7 days before departure and did not receive the PCR email. I contacted customer services the following morning (a Saturday) and after an awfully long wait to get connected, a very efficient agent extracted our details and sent us an email with the link to eurofins. We managed to get the tests done the following Tuesday. The official email from Celebrity arrived after we had taken the tests! I would advise contacting Celebrity even though you may be on hold for a long time (My call took over an hour to resolve)

Exactly how I resolved the issue. My booking was 19 days before departure and after waiting several days and not getting the  pcr link  I  finally got through by pressing  the 'new bookings' button and it got sorted out quickly. The  very helpful agent kept me on the phone until the link arrived in my email and talked me through what to do.  

Enjoy your cruise 🛳 😎