Planning any changes in how you get to your cruises? Still flying? Still driving? Skateboarding?

no1talks

For more reasons than just COVID stuff, we are now planning on a two-day drive, instead of catching a flight. 

How are your pre-cruise travel arrangements being impacted by COVID-delta?

"I was going to take a leisurely drive, but now I have to be there before my 72-hour test result expires."
"We were going to fly in a few days early, but now I'm worried about airport/flight virus transmission and blowing our test at the pier."
"No changes. I still plan on riding my dandy-horse to the port."
599834800_dandyhorse.gif.9dc1c75cd2e446fb371a5b04331a83f3.gif

• Like 1

Right now I am thinking about going local-out of NYC.[pending the actual opening of the Manhattan terminal this winter] I can jump on a train and be at Penn Station in under an hour. That means sailing NCL.

I have pushed my hopes for MSC up to January now because I foresee ugliness on the near horizon flying to Fla.😱

• Like 1

I used to feel comfortable with connecting flights, even on day of cruise. I live in North Carolina. But, this time, I’m flying nonstop, two days beforehand, even though it’s a 7 am flight. It’s the only nonstop. Florida is definitely unpredictable. 

• Like 1

Am I ever........

Just to get into the US I have to spend 14 days in another country, this was going to be Mexico but now Mexico is on the UK red list meaning I would have to do a full blown hotel quarantine on return even though I could enter the US no problem.

Latest plan now is to spend 14 days in Canada, assuming they open to the rest of the world on 7th September as planned. I can then fly into Seattle take my Alaska cruise and return home.

If not Canada I will have to spend 14 days in a south American Covid torn country because the US will welcome me from there but not direct from the UK.

Live in RI flying nonstop into Tampa for a week stay at an Airbnb condo before our cruise departs on 11/14. 
We plan on getting tested a couple of times that week before driving to Port Canaveral and boarding the ship 

We’re both fully vaccinated.