Evening attire on Edge.

RMS Olympic

12 minutes ago, RMS Olympic said:

It’s sad to hear people make rude comments concerning someone else’s appearance. But then again that’s nothing new. One too many times in my younger cruising days people made comments concerning my formal attire on formal nights. Usually....hey, it’s not costume night buddy.

I was in my Marine Corps dress blues or dress whites.

Unfortunately I could not respond in the way I wanted to.

One time it was on Seabourn....so cash don’t guarantee class.

So for the edge...I’m going tasteful yet comfy.

Now where’s my lemon drop martini😛

I love it and your dress blues on formal night would only get my comment of thank you for your service.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RMS Olympic said:

It’s sad to hear people make rude comments concerning someone else’s appearance.

We encountered this on our first cruise, back when we took turns manning the oars, with NCL.  Certain folks of a particular age, gender and home location would talk about others between themselves while sitting or standing next to their 'subject'.  We came to name this manner of speaking 'Third Person Invisible'.

41 minutes ago, RMS Olympic said:

It’s sad to hear people make rude comments concerning someone else’s appearance. But then again that’s nothing new. One too many times in my younger cruising days people made comments concerning my formal attire on formal nights. Usually....hey, it’s not costume night buddy.

I was in my Marine Corps dress blues or dress whites.

Unfortunately I could not respond in the way I wanted to.

One time it was on Seabourn....so cash don’t guarantee class.

So for the edge...I’m going tasteful yet comfy.

Now where’s my lemon drop martini😛

I think it's fantastic you can still get into your dress blues. I would compliment you on that.  I only wish I could.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

We encountered this on our first cruise, back when we took turns manning the oars, with NCL.  Certain folks of a particular age, gender and home location would talk about others between themselves while sitting or standing next to their 'subject'.  We came to name this manner of speaking 'Third Person Invisible'.

The insecurity trait known as "gossip" isn't tied to age/gender/location

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Age, gender, home location?  What exactly does this mean?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Age, gender, home location?  What exactly does this mean?

Noticed it numerous times from the same demographic on that NCL cruise ... talking about people like they weren't there.  Transplants to Florida from a good ways up the coast.

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Noticed it numerous times from the same demographic on that NCL cruise ... talking about people like they weren't there.  Transplants to Florida from a good ways up the coast.

Your response is even more murky, and seems very subjective and judgmental.  Just saying, I’ll end it here.  Good night.

• Like 1