Can I wear ...

AugustWest

Then definitely the hat, neckwear, puffy shirt, sandals and black socks ensemble would be a hit with the kids! Your daughter will looooove you forever! :D
Yeah, That's the ticket! Then check back a few months after your cruise and see if your picture has made it here;) :

http://www.ianhughesphotos.com/loveboat_gallery.html

John

Bulldogmom--I was at a wedding where the Mother (yes, you read that right) Mother of the Bride wore the same type flowy hankys, then she and the mother of the groom got in a cuss fight. They asked Mother of the Bride to leave. Teh step-mother of the bride could nt walk in high heels and kinda slide/stubbed her feet all the way down the aisle... I have to say it was one of the more "memorable" weddings that I've been in attendance. BTW, it was my cousin's son's wedding..yep, family!

Thanks for giving me a good smile remembering that!

Oh! and I wanted to add that the captain's hat wouldn't be nearly as bad as some of the things people wear onboard. Some of the things that I see amaze me. I swear a lady came to FORMAL night in nothing more than a hanky on top and a hanky on bottom. I guess she thought it was formal because it was made with flowy material?! Talking about tacky............

I think that you're absolutely right....but hey, it makes for good conversation at dinner!! ;)

Bring along a Baby Ruth to throw in the pool, too. ;)

What a great way to clear out some pool-side deck chairs.:D

Wear the hat, blazer and ascot. If you were on my cruise I'd run up and ask to have my picture taken with you. You need one of those curvey pipes, too!

I have to start looking for some headwear for the Glory Girls cruise. :rolleyes:

Yep....Thurstin Howell III

there were a few men on our cruise( miracle ) last month and one was wearing a captains hat and he looked like Thurstin Howell .....LOL :)

But then again there was also a man who looked like the Colonel from Kentuck fried chicken, white suit and all and then there was the gentleman with the black rim ~ yellow lens glasses that looked like orville redenbacher....

I say go for it...

you will be remembered !!:D

• 4 weeks later...

To those of you that consider it "dorky", the next time you're on a cruise and you see the Captain . . . . break into wild hysterical laughter and tell him he looks like a dork . . . . . then watch what happens . . . . :D

(be sure you're carrying your passport with you) :D

Archived