Can I wear ...

AugustWest

Okay, yes, dork does come to mind. My DH has a pirate hat that he wore during our last sail away (encouraged by our 22 yr old DD) she wasn't on that cruise with us. We are all 3 sailing in April and she has warned him that he better not wear it this time. See how kids are, it's okay to be a dork when they aren't around but don't dare embarrass them. She even tried to get me to let him buy a fake parrot to put on his shoulder, I think I might do that this time just to "surprise" her. We really did have a lot of fun with that hat, everyone in our group (about 20) thought it was awesome. Your on vacation...have fun and be yourself. You may never see any of these people again and if you do they will surely remember you.

I'd be one of the ladies snickering if I saw a passenger assuming part of the uniform of the captain. Save it for your yacht, Mr. Howell. Talk about pretentious!:D Your DD is one smart cookie.

Hmm. A question arises - When you pass the Captain on the ship, who salutes who?

...a captains yacht hat on the cruise. My dd says I'll look like a dork if I do.;)

3b_2.JPG

I have to agree with DD (and thank God for dd's to save us when we are about to wear something dorky :eek: Its their JOB!!)....

Unless you are doing a revival of Captain and Tenille songs at the talent show....leave the Captain Stubbing hat at home!!! ;)

If it was MY husband wearing one....he'd be a VERY lonely man walking throughout the ship~

August-

WEAR THE HAT! All you need is that hat, your blazer with gold buttons, a white shirt and some pink pants, and you'll be invited to every party Judge Smales throws at Bushwood Country Club! Genius. Oh, and don't forget the penny loafters with no socks.

August-

WEAR THE HAT! All you need is that hat, your blazer with gold buttons, a white shirt and some pink pants, and you'll be invited to every party Judge Smales throws at Bushwood Country Club! Genius. Oh, and don't forget the penny loafters with no socks.

Can I get a Fresca???

I would wear it and not care what anyone else thinks.

I wore my foil beanie on my cruise last summer to keep the aliens from taking over my brain. The foil beanie deflects dangerous alien brain waves.

One day I woke up and I had turned into an egg salad sandwich.

This is great!! :p I am getting a great laugh out of this. What the heck...if you're having fun - who cares what the rest of people think of it?! But, you may want to check out the thread entitled "most memorable passenger" when you get back!! hehehehe!!

Go for it, take pictures, have fun!

(And yes, it is a DD's job to inform about 'dorkiness'...I didn't meet my father til I was 33...soon after I was a big encourager (along with step-mother) of getting RID of the comb-over (NOT fooling anyone!!) Then I bought him a nice duffle bag to use as a carry-on for his trips...he had been using a plastic bag from a local grocery store!! :eek: It's our job, for the good of Dads everywhere!! ;)

We have a friend that loves attention. He always buys one of these hats while in port:

polynesian.jpg

You should see how many girls come up and talk to him about his hat. Of course he is a very approachable guy with a big smile on his face :D

Life is short - wear the hat. I promise I won't call you a Dork. :)

Diane

Wear it, it's your vacation!! And remember, what happens on the ship, stays on the ship (Unless there are pictures). Last cruise, I wore my "Retired Army" baseball cap (NOT backwards), and I was pleantly suprised how many people shook my hand and said "Thank You" to me.

Again, it's your vacation,. go for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a GREAT, FANTASIC TIME!!!!

Matt

...(And yes, it is a DD's job to inform about 'dorkiness'...I didn't meet my father til I was 33...soon after I was a big encourager (along with step-mother) of getting RID of the comb-over (NOT fooling anyone!!) Then I bought him a nice duffle bag to use as a carry-on for his trips...he had been using a plastic bag from a local grocery store!! :eek: It's our job, for the good of Dads everywhere!! ;)

I guess your right, if it weren't for her I'de still be wearing black sox with my sandals.

I say weare what you want to wear, it is your vacation. When I see someone wearing a weird hat or a funny outfit it makes me smile. Who doesn't want to smile on their vacation. Yes, you might look like a dork but who cares?? If DD has a problem with it gently remind her that there have been times in her life where I'm sure you wanted to crawl in a hole for something she said or did and this I'm sure pales in comparison. LOL

I might have to find something to wear on my cruise. Maybe a tiara and a sash. Yea, that is definitely it......a tiara and a sash, especially on formal nights LOL

We should start a club, the "captian's hat for men" club and the "tiaras and sash club for women" LOL

Non-CC members would be so confused. They'd think there was some sort of convention onboard. LOL

Oh! and I wanted to add that the captain's hat wouldn't be nearly as bad as some of the things people wear onboard. Some of the things that I see amaze me. I swear a lady came to FORMAL night in nothing more than a hanky on top and a hanky on bottom. I guess she thought it was formal because it was made with flowy material?! Talking about tacky............

I say weare what you want to wear, it is your vacation. When I see someone wearing a weird hat or a funny outfit it makes me smile. Who doesn't want to smile on their vacation. Yes, you might look like a dork but who cares?? If DD has a problem with it gently remind her that there have been times in her life where I'm sure you wanted to crawl in a hole for something she said or did and this I'm sure pales in comparison. LOL

I might have to find something to wear on my cruise. Maybe a tiara and a sash. Yea, that is definitely it......a tiara and a sash, especially on formal nights LOL

We should start a club, the "captian's hat for men" club and the "tiaras and sash club for women" LOL

Non-CC members would be so confused. They'd think there was some sort of convention onboard. LOL

The tiara and the sash would go nicely on the F-deck. :D

August-

Bring along a Baby Ruth to throw in the pool, too. ;)

Archived