Included drinks package

Robb

Sorry, but having trouble finding an answer to my question.  Which drinks are covered in the included drinks package?  Which liquors, wines, frozen drinks and coffees?

Thanks so much

Hey! We're new to NCL.  I really like the 100% vaccinated policy and we've been wanting to cruise the Mexican Riviera so thought we'd try the Bliss in October 2022.  It seemed comparable in value to Royal with the everything that's in the "Free at Sea" package.

But, it's hard to make an apples to apples comparison, especially for the drink package.

Is someone on here familiar with the differences between NCL's drink package and Royal's?  It looks like NCL's is significantly more expensive, even when it's included in the package.  We would have to pay a nearly $300 service charge for the beverage package and then we'd have to upgrade to the Premium Plus package for another $400.  That's almost exactly what we pay for the Deluxe Package on Royal, so it doesn't feel very "included" unless I'm missing something?

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

I'm missing something?

NCL's beverage package is linked above, here's Royal's, decide for yourself - https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/beverage-packages

Side note - in looking up info for this thread and another I noticed some interesting wording on the NCL page for the beverage package.  I knew that all passengers in the same stateroom needed to buy the plan, but the wording about "additional stateroom" (I assume on the same reservation), "adjoining stateroom" (again, same reservation?) but also the "travel with" ('linked' reservations for dining and flights but separate reservations/rooms) seems new.  Is this new?  I was 'linked' or 'travel with' someone that had the beverage plan on my October 2019 cruise and I did not have to take the plan.

Here's the wording I'm referring to

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Edited by hallux

16 minutes ago, hallux said:

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Not sure when that started but I can't remember ever seeing the verbiage referring to additional/adjoining staterooms.  

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Is this new?  I was 'linked' or 'travel with' someone that had the beverage plan on my October 2019 cruise and I did not have to take the plan.

Here's the wording I'm referring to

The wording has been there for years but it isn't actually enforced on those in a different stateroom as far as I know.

Just booked Greek Isles on the Jade, with the free beverage package.  Is the 20% tacked on to the full value of the package (20% of $700) or just to the actual drinks I order? Neither of us are big drinkers so if its tacked on to the full cost of the package ($140 x 2 for spouse) it seems like I’d pay more for “free” package than just paying for my drinks.  Any idea?

4 minutes ago, 1226sas said:

Just booked Greek Isles on the Jade, with the free beverage package.  Is the 20% tacked on to the full value of the package (20% of $700) or just to the actual drinks I order? Neither of us are big drinkers so if its tacked on to the full cost of the package ($140 x 2 for spouse) it seems like I’d pay more for “free” package than just paying for my drinks.  Any idea?

It depends on your drinking habits. Some people drink enough to cover the 20% gratuities and some don’t.  Some people feel pressed to drink more than they normally would, just to make sure that they break even. 
There are drink menus listed in some of the  threads on this chat board. Drink seems to range from $8+ for beer, to $12-15 for the mixed drinks and frozen cocktails. I forget wine by the glass prices, but there is a broad range.

if you do some calculating, you can decide which is more cost effective.

@1226sas you are charged 20% of the value of the package at the time of booking/payment.  There is no gratuity due at the time of ordering drinks unless you wish to give extra (let's not get into THIS conversation again and leave gratuity discussion at that).

Yes, as @caitlynambrai indicated - it's a calculation you need to make.  You're basically paying $20 per day per person for drinks, with drinks up to $15 each paid for.  Drink 2 of those each per day and the package has been worth it.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 4:26 AM, BirdTravels said:

Things to buy with your beverage package

That's very handy, thank you, downloaded to my phone for on-board reference 🙂 

Is there a cocktails menu anywhere or did I miss it in your post? 

6 hours ago, 1226sas said:

If the beverage package was part of the 'free at sea' upgrade when you booked, then I'm pretty sure that the 20% is already included (in brackets).

screenshot_387.png.62d6e12b3239b633ab4846e134c05980.png

7 minutes ago, deek72 said:

If the beverage package was part of the 'free at sea' upgrade when you booked, then I'm pretty sure that the 20% is already included (in brackets).

screenshot_387.png.62d6e12b3239b633ab4846e134c05980.png

The offer is different for U.S. versus U.K. customers..

• Like 2