New-ish to Royal. Mariner 10/15/21

My hubby, daughter and I just booked a weekend on the Mariner for 10/15-18 out of Port Canaveral. We are all recently fully vaccinated and decided to take advantage of it and book a cruise. Because we normally cruise NCL, I haven’t paid too much attention to RCCL’s requirements. Clearly, I know we’ll need our vaccine cards. Do we also have to take COVID tests and if so, before arrival or at the port? I know the situation is very fluid and could change before October, but what is the requirement as of now? Thanks for any info you can give us-I usually book cruises much farther in advance and am used to how NCL does things, so I feel so ill-informed!

I was just on Odyssey last week.  To board AND receive a special "I'm vaccinated" wrist band that would get you into certain events, you MUST show your vax card (they photograph it)... and EVERYONE (vaxxed or not) must present a negative COVID test taken within 3 days of boarding.  Either test will do, PCR or (rapid) ANTIGEN.  We did both tests just to be sure.  They look for the name on the test, the date, and the negative result... and they photograph it.

We took our tests at home (at CVS) 2 and 3 days before sailing. We brought physical print-outs of the results.

Masks must be worn indoors, with the exception of special vaccinated only areas... like the Solarium.

As you say, things might well be very different in October, but that's how it was last week.  Oh!  And we sailed from Fort Lauderdale, so that's another variable... things might be different at Port Canaveral.

One more thing... we cruised once on Mariner and LOVED it!

Edited by QuantumLeapUltra
  • Like 1

Thanks! We’ve done the CVS COVID tests for another trip, so we’ll just do those again, if we need to. I’m really excited, but a little nervous because we’re so used to the Haven on NCL. This will definitely be different, but we’re looking forward to a quick, fun trip. We haven’t been to Coco Cay since it was made over, so I’m REALLY looking forward to that!

15 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Thanks! We’ve done the CVS COVID tests for another trip, so we’ll just do those again, if we need to. I’m really excited, but a little nervous because we’re so used to the Haven on NCL. This will definitely be different, but we’re looking forward to a quick, fun trip. We haven’t been to Coco Cay since it was made over, so I’m REALLY looking forward to that!

We just got off the Mariner for their two day test cruise.  We love the Mariner and the crew is outstanding!!!!

Our favorite spot is Deck 14 where you have floor to ceiling windows and a panorama view of the ocean.

Oh and Coco Cay will blow you away!!!  It is phenomenal!!

Have an awesome trip!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

We haven’t been to Coco Cay since it was made over, so I’m REALLY looking forward to that!

Coco Cay is excellent!  I spend the entire day at the Oasis pool... which is by far the best pool I've ever experienced.  It is chill in the morning, with the bar serving up drinks in a flash... but as the day moves on, the bar area of the pool turns into a party zone with a DJ and a tipsy, younger crowd.  The other end of the pool (zero depth entry) remains relatively quiet all day, as it is far from the bar because the pool is enormous.

If the beach is your style, there are plenty of options for that!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, QuantumLeapUltra said:

Coco Cay is excellent!  I spend the entire day at the Oasis pool... which is by far the best pool I've ever experienced.  It is chill in the morning, with the bar serving up drinks in a flash... but as the day moves on, the bar area of the pool turns into a party zone with a DJ and a tipsy, younger crowd.  The other end of the pool (zero depth entry) remains relatively quiet all day, as it is far from the bar because the pool is enormous.

If the beach is your style, there are plenty of options for that!

We actually just booked the Coco Beach Club. Couldn’t resist!

• 2 weeks later...