Home LFT testing

Bin man

I downloaded the pdf version and printed that as hard copy, I also saved it on the phone and installed the acrobat app so I could open and read/zoom it. That covered the belt and braces and for the rivets I also took screen shots of the relevant bits. P&O say a screen shot is OK. As it happened they just glanced at the paper copy so did not need the phone.

edit. Cloud is online so does need a signal

Edited by davecttr

11 hours ago, majortom10 said:

We had paper vaccination certificates on A4 paper sent to us by NHS and our passports ready to check against and it took seconds to check before we were moved on to the next section. The woman said I wish everyone was like that it would be so more easy and quick as many were holding up the queue while getting out of there car wandering around trying to get a signal for their phones.

I you drop your phone down the loo before you get to the terminal, bye bye holiday.🤧

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I you drop your phone down the loo before you get to the terminal, bye bye holiday.🤧

If the wind blows your pieces of paper into a puddle, bye bye holiday.

Meanwhile the person with the lost phone simply downloads the documents from iCloud on a different device.

15 minutes ago, picsa said:

If the wind blows your pieces of paper into a puddle, bye bye holiday.

Meanwhile the person with the lost phone simply downloads the documents from iCloud on a different device.

I print ours. 2 copies kept in different bags. Keep them on the device and the cloud in 3 locations and have 3 different devices. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dermotsgirl said:

Are you sure that is sufficient? 😂

You have got me a bit worried now. I will need to print off the health questionnaires tomorrow, so as long as the ink lasts, a few more perhaps, just to be on the safe side.🤣

• Like 1

Some feedback from our first cruise experience 26/08/21 after 4n on Britannia.

Personally I was really concerned about us failing the LFT and we tested ourselves on the run up and on the day, we passed obviously. The testing was a very slick process and we got our results whilst in transit to Gate 4 Ocean Terminal from Gate 10 testing area. We needed our proof of dual vaccination certificates, these were printed copies off the NHS website, by far the easiest was of doing it, and passports, and Boarding Pass's. We had the health questionnaires and travel insurance incl Cruise extensions cert but can't recall now actually showing it to anybody. Prepare in advance and have it all to hand in the order your likely to need it. I suggest have hard copies of everything.

Just a comment on CPS, CPS on the day of embarkation was awful, massive queues extending outside Ocean Terminal and along the road. Eventually somebody obviously got a grip and the outside queue vanished in favour of lines of stacked cars inside the terminal until eventually we were all sorted, I would guess at least 2 hours overall, we were near last on after 5pm. Not enough staff. Disembarkation was however very slick.

My tip would be , park off site, say the Holiday Inn car park, £15/night same as CPS, and walk in, about 10mins direct to Ocean Terminal where there is walk-on passenger testing facilities. 

• Thanks 1

I was just looking at the Marella site and they have a linked supplier of testing kits for cruises. You just need your booking reference and cruise dates and you are  provided with all the test kits you will need including the ones for use after your return to the UK, at a price of course. Also copies of and advice on filling in the passenger locator forms. Apparently the packs are sent to your home.

If P&O would provide a similar service it would certainly be appreciated by many passengers.

• Like 4