Veendam walking track

friedshrimp

Promendade Deck goes all the way around the ship and it is used for walking by many pax. We love walking that pretty teak deck. I think on Veendam, 4 times around = 1 mile. Walking is permitted at all times of the day. Jogging on Promendade Deck on the "S" class ships is not permitted.

Veendam and all HAL ships have a wonderful Lower Promenade deck which wraps all the way around the ship. If I remember correctly, 3.5 circuits of the deck on the Veendam equals one mile. This deck also has wonderful comfortable padded teak deck chairs to relax in when you finish your walk.

Just, please, wear shoes that don't clump or clack if you plan to walk in the very early morning or very late at night. The folks in the beds on the deck below will thank you.

If I remember correctly, 3.5 circuits of the deck on the Veendam equals one mile.

I tried to convince Mrs. Bodger that three and a half laps were a mile, but she was having none of it. :D

The signs say a mile is four laps.

Bodger

I tried to convince Mrs. Bodger that three and a half laps were a mile, but she was having none of it. :D

The signs say a mile is four laps.

Bodger

Please, please, I didn't expect this to turn into a "guess where you're sleeping tonight -- that's right, on the couch" type of discussion :eek: 3.5 or 4 laps, either way is fine. I just wanted to know if I could complete a circular lap on a deck. Thanks for all of the info.

We were on the Veendam last April. Or is it in the Veendam? Sorry, that's another thread.

Anyway, IIRC, there is a little sign somewhere on the bulkhead on the Promenade, indicating how many laps it takes to complete a mile. I don't remember whether it was 3.4 or 4, but you will know when you get there.

And, yes, the occupants of the cabins on that deck will appreciate it if you wear soft-soled shoes. We were in one of those cabins, and you could clearly hear the early risers out on deck.

Paul Noble

On the HAL S type ships you can not jog on the promenade deck, however if you go up to the sport deck (one deck above the pool) you can jog up there. Not that far around, but it works.

If you are lucky you may meet some of the "show girls" doing their work out. Sure makes the jogging more enjoyable.

We were on the Veendam last April. Or is it in the Veendam? Sorry, that's another thread.

Anyway, IIRC, there is a little sign somewhere on the bulkhead on the Promenade, indicating how many laps it takes to complete a mile. I don't remember whether it was 3.4 or 4, but you will know when you get there.

And, yes, the occupants of the cabins on that deck will appreciate it if you wear soft-soled shoes. We were in one of those cabins, and you could clearly hear the early risers out on deck.

Paul Noble

My son and I will make sure to wear tennis shoes only on our walks. I don't know if I'll be able to do anything with that ball he likes to bounce against the bulkhead though :eek:

On the HAL S type ships you can not jog on the promenade deck, however if you go up to the sport deck (one deck above the pool) you can jog up there. Not that far around, but it works.

If you are lucky you may meet some of the "show girls" doing their work out. Sure makes the jogging more enjoyable.

Right. Sports Deck. Leave son in cabin. Got it! :D

Archived