Looking at January and February 2023

Mike981

Due to time constraints, the only cruise that would work for us is the Classic Panama Canal Passage and that is pushing it at 11 days. There are shorter Mediterranean cruises, but if we did one of those we would want more time to explore before/after the cruise. I'm wondering if being 16 months out they will add more cruise options or does past history say no.

This will be our first Viking cruise and we are both excited to give it a whirl. We are both Celebrity fans, but are ready to try another line. Love the idea of no constant selling on Viking. From what I have read so far it looks like Viking does a very nice job, the only complaint that I have seen come up more than once is having to pay in full a year in advance.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Mike981

I don't have a lot of history to base this on, having only just returned from our first ever Viking Cruise last week.

While we were onboard we booked a 13 night Iceland/Norway cruise for July 2023, and received some discounts and the ability to pay only 6 months in advance.

I do see that those cruises currently available in 2023 seem to be selling quite quickly, but what that will mean for extra choices is very tough to predict. We have of course also seen many cancellations of those cruises that have been available, so it's all still very fluid.

8 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Due to time constraints, the only cruise that would work for us is the Classic Panama Canal Passage and that is pushing it at 11 days. There are shorter Mediterranean cruises, but if we did one of those we would want more time to explore before/after the cruise. I'm wondering if being 16 months out they will add more cruise options or does past history say no.

This will be our first Viking cruise and we are both excited to give it a whirl. We are both Celebrity fans, but are ready to try another line. Love the idea of no constant selling on Viking. From what I have read so far it looks like Viking does a very nice job, the only complaint that I have seen come up more than once is having to pay in full a year in advance.

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the Viking Boards.

Rest assured, you are not the only one complaining about the early PIF dates. However, if you book another cruise onboard you can get 6 months PIF date and if you book a 2nd cruise while you already have 1 booked, you can negotiate the same deal.

Unlike the mainstream lines, Viking really doesn't have as many shorter cruises. They still have additional 2023 itineraries to post, but they could be holding until they know what happens to the 21/22 World Cruise. If it doesn't sail, some suggestions have Viking considering a 2nd WC in 2023, which would require one of the existing ships.

In addition to watching the website, one of our regular posters (CharTrav) maintains an excellent spreadsheet of all Viking itineraries, which she posts for all to see.

• Like 3