Saga should stick to private transfers , for as long as you have to be tested before you board

Windsurfboy

It’s probably best to contact Saga for a definitive answer regarding transfers in April.  Let them know how much luggage you are taking at the same time.

I would be surprised if they revert to shared transport if they still plan to carry out COVID testing prior to embarkation.  Please post here when you get a response.

we leave this thursday on SoD and had decided that we would drive to Southampton rather than risk getting an infected driver from Saga. We received our package last week and Saga were using AB parking . We have parked with AB before and it worked well.

However on Friday we had a phone call from Saga to say they are switching ports for the return journey to Dover so now it leaves from Southampton and returns to Dover. This doesnt fit in well with using your own car so we have switched back to their transport. We still await confirmation of pick up time. 

49 minutes ago, stephenSJ said:

In the phone discussion a private transfer was mentioned but i await confirmation and see what turns up.

I am sailing on SofA tomorrow. When I booked it was for shared transport but my joining instructions confirm private transfer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

Did they What is the policy if one of the people you share with tests positive 

Interesting question, isn't it.

I am travelling down to Southampton tomorrow morning to join SofA. My joining instructions say private although when I booked last year it was for shared. I hope that they are correct.

I had a lft I had saved for a special occasion and used it this afternoon; negative (relief!) I assume that my driver will have done the same, but I have read on this site and elsewhere of people testing negative at home but positive at the port. If either I or my driver test positive I will be denied boarding. If the car is shared then the risk of a positive test in the car is greatly increased. It seems to me that shared cars and the denial of boarding when anyone in the car tests positive are incompatible. Either testing at the port should be discontinued or private transfers only should be continued. Or am I being unreasonable?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

had a lft I had saved for a special occasion and used it this afternoon; negative (relief!) I assume that my driver will have done the same, but I have read on this site and elsewhere of people testing negative at home but positive at the port. If either I or my driver test positive I will be denied boarding.

Good luck Denarius I hope you make it on board and enjoy glorious canaries as much as we did back in January.  It is stressful going through the testing at port .  You may find as we did in January that Saga asks for both LFT and PCR tests so it takes (even) longer. From memory, we got to the dock at about 2 pm and were not on board in the cabin until 4.15 and very much in need of a cup of tea.  Remember not to eat or drink during the last 30 minutes of the journey so you are ready for the tests (and ditto for your driver). All the best.