Rotterdam TA final payment date has changed

25 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

While I’m not going on a ta I had to pay mine at the usual 90 days.  Who knows if mine will be going either as it’s not on a ship that’s currently sailing.  I would have loved to have waited until 60 days out.

Same here HAL ate it at 90.

• Like 1

Actually, on Monday it was showing penalties were going to start on August 21st so you had till the 20th to purchase insurance and make final. Suddenly today it showed final due and Penalties starting August 20th. If you wanted to cancel you would have had to do it today. Although I am sure if you have a previous printed confirmation showing the 21st you would have ammunition to fight it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Actually, on Monday it was showing penalties were going to start on August 21st so you had till the 20th to purchase insurance and make final. Suddenly today it showed final due and Penalties starting August 20th. If you wanted to cancel you would have had to do it today. Although I am sure if you have a previous printed confirmation showing the 21st you would have ammunition to fight it. 

It is so confusing .

7 hours ago, salt water in my veins said:

Yes, sorry. I intended to say, payment has been delayed, from Aug 21st to Sept 20th. 

Thanks for information.   Today is probably a big pay date and an extension to Sept 20th is good just in case ........    We just want to be on a BHB.

Also for those interested HAL also moved the final for the TA of the Eurodam, it is now stating September 30th. I suspect they are very uncertain if these Trans Atlantics will be sailing. I think their concern is the quarantine needed for crewing upon sailing in the US and they do not want to cancel the start up in Florida. 

18 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Also for those interested HAL also moved the final for the TA of the Eurodam, it is now stating September 30th. I suspect they are very uncertain if these Trans Atlantics will be sailing. I think their concern is the quarantine needed for crewing upon sailing in the US and they do not want to cancel the start up in Florida. 

2 ships , will it happen   ?????

Hmmm - We are on the Eurodam on the 12/6/21 Panama cruise. My TA documentation showed that Final Payment due 8/25/21. I paid on Friday 8/20/21. 90 days prior is calculated at 9/6/21. i was mildly interested in the 10 day difference between 8/25 vs 9/6 - but not especially so. But now maybe I shoulda waited -  I suspect. 

On the other hand - If they pull the plug - I would typically (Historically) get 125% FCC returned - which would not be a bad ROI (Especially since I used gift cards that got 10% on the dollar bonus to make the payment).

Oh well - we shall see. There are (Hopefully) other ships/cruises in the sea.

18 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

Hmmm - We are on the Eurodam on the 12/6/21 Panama cruise. My TA documentation showed that Final Payment due 8/25/21. I paid on Friday 8/20/21. 90 days prior is calculated at 9/6/21. i was mildly interested in the 10 day difference between 8/25 vs 9/6 - but not especially so. But now maybe I shoulda waited -  I suspect. 

On the other hand - If they pull the plug - I would typically (Historically) get 125% FCC returned - which would not be a bad ROI (Especially since I used gift cards that got 10% on the dollar bonus to make the payment).

It might be 110 % that is the latest %

On 8/21/2021 at 11:52 AM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Thanks for this info.  

If the final payment date is moved to Sept. 30, do penalties still begin on August 30th?  

Question regarding travel insurance - if you purchase travel insurance and then HAL cancels the cruise, do you lose the money spent on the insurance?  

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, BlackJack2 said:

Thanks for this info.  

If the final payment date is moved to Sept. 30, do penalties still begin on August 30th?  

Question regarding travel insurance - if you purchase travel insurance and then HAL cancels the cruise, do you lose the money spent on the insurance?  

Thanks!

No, It also shows penalties start September 30th as well.

7 hours ago, RGEDad said:

None of the Caribbean Eurodam or Rotterdam have had their final payments changed. Including the November 24th Eurodam which final is due now.  Which tells me they are confident on the Caribbean sailing but not on the Trans Atlantics.

BTW for FCC, it has been only in the begining they were offering 125%, that offer has been long gone for canceled cruises. In the last 8 to 10 months it has been a Move over offer keeping you pricing locked in and locked with the previous perks you may have had or FCC credit of 110% or full refund (unless you had paid for the canceled cruise with FCC)

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 12:09 PM, Mary229 said:

HAL said recently they were now going to try to delay final payment when future plans weren’t certain.   Seems like a positive consumer friendly move.   I am uncertain where I read that. 

Better consumer move would have been to delay final payment before due and penalty  date