Port Canaveral August 12 to 16th Can't WALK

Barba21885

We an 1130 show up time....the other posters are correct.  I think EVERYONE had a show up time.  We all herded into the chairs and waited and waited.  I personally attributed it to being the second time Magic went out could be just Carnival.

My big complaint however, is the lack of benches or respite seating from the point of riding the escalator up until you get to the gang plank.  It must be a football field long and there is NO WHERE for those of us with bad backs, bad knees or conditions that making walking more than 50 feet at a time difficult.  My husband and I thought we could make it but as soon as we got to the gangplank...finally....we were hurting so bad that the Carnival hosts let us use their chairs.  We should have asked for a wheelchair and my DH and me would have switched off.  I am surprised that no one has fallen out during this very long walk (probably length of a football field) that for some of us is difficult.   They offered us a wheelchair but after 15 minutes of waiting before entering the gang plank we decided not to wait for a wheelchair anymore.

Yes, should have asked for a wheelchair at the very beginning.  Lesson learned and when I sail next month will do that.

So,,,,if you have ANY mobility problems even minor I strongly suggest that you ask for wheelchair assistance when you get to the port.  They have people that will take you all the way to the ship and you will be fast passed to checkin.  We got smart and did that when we got off the ship....we never would have made it through the long walk and stand through custom lines.  We are not big people but I have had three back surgeries in the past three years and look like I could make it but couldn.t

Don't even get me started on Nassau....that was even worse and will save it for another post.