OC Departure Times 9/18 and 10/2

ciabelle

On the first couple 3 night sailings of the Divina (9/16 and 9/30) They're scheduled to depart Ocean Cay 2 days later at 6pm. Is that the time the ship is expected to physically leave the dock, or just when everyone is supposed to be on board? 

No plans on being a pier runner, I ask because 6pm is about an hour before sunset. Since so many rave about the lightshow, I wonder if it'll even happen on these sailings for us to view from open decks or starboard balconies. 

Some departures are early, and some are late.  I haven't figured out the reason why different cruises vary.

When we were there in 2020, departure was listed as 5pm, with all aboard at 4:30.  At 4:31 we were moving out.

On our other week, departure was around midnight.  Passengers could stay on the island through the evening.  (We did not.)  The parade, and lightshow, took place long after dark, perhaps 9pm or so.  I don't think the lightshow would be effective without total darkness.

In your case, if you are there for two consecutive days (or do I misunderstand that?), would they not be likely to do the lightshow the first night?

Ok, I did misunderstand; those cruises are only at OC for one day.  However, I realized that they need to return to Port Canaveral, not Miami, so perhaps a 6pm departure is needed to allow enough time to travel the extra distance.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 12:46 PM, shipgeeks said:

Ok, I did misunderstand; those cruises are only at OC for one day.  However, I realized that they need to return to Port Canaveral, not Miami, so perhaps a 6pm departure is needed to allow enough time to travel the extra distance.

Probably a good thought.  But, to miss the light show at night is missing a significantly different private island experience in comparison to Princess, Carnival, HAL, NCL, or Royal Caribbean.

I’ll be on your second sailing. I was really attracted by that schedule. We leave PC at 5 PM and arrive at OC at 7 AM (14 hours).  The ship docks overnight at OC and guests get two full days and a night on the island. See ya onboard!

Edited by SeaBrz
Corrected times