Cancel under "Cruise with Confidence"?

39august

If I cancel under this program, after final payment has been made, I get 100% of the cruise fare back as FCC, correct? Are the taxes and port fees returned as money back to my credit card? I believe I lose my Cruise Care insurance payment. When I made final payment in July, all looked good. Now, not so much. 

15 minutes ago, 39august said:

If I cancel under this program, after final payment has been made, I get 100% of the cruise fare back as FCC, correct? Are the taxes and port fees returned as money back to my credit card? I believe I lose my Cruise Care insurance payment. When I made final payment in July, all looked good. Now, not so much. 

I’m interested in the answer to this also. We booked in early July as all looked good. Within 2 weeks things were not looking great. I’m not sure what restrictions are on your FCC but ours are not very reasonable.

We recently canceled under cruise with confidence and yes, the port fees and taxes were refunded on our credit card and the remainder was credited as a FCC. We did not purchase the insurance so I can’t speak to that. The credits took a couple of weeks to show up (we got an email).  When I called to cancel,  I asked to just apply the credit directly to another cruise we had already booked, but that was not possible. We had to wait for the credits to be processed and then apply them to the other cruise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aidanht said:

We recently canceled under cruise with confidence and yes, the port fees and taxes were refunded on our credit card and the remainder was credited as a FCC. We did not purchase the insurance so I can’t speak to that. The credits took a couple of weeks to show up (we got an email).  When I called to cancel,  I asked to just apply the credit directly to another cruise we had already booked, but that was not possible. We had to wait for the credits to be processed and then apply them to the other cruise. 

Thanks for this information. We are like a few others in the same situation - booked some weeks  ago back when things were looking great but are not faced with canceling our September cruise.

We just cancelled and applied the FCC to a new cruise during the same call.  If booking directly through Celebrity, the rep should be able to have their supervisor process the FCC while you are on the phone or return your call when it’s complete.  Only odd thing - I was told they would not let me cancel and move the cruise a 2nd time without forfeiting my deposit.  I though this was very odd under their Cruise with Confidence program.

39 minutes ago, Franken said:

We just cancelled and applied the FCC to a new cruise during the same call.  If booking directly through Celebrity, the rep should be able to have their supervisor process the FCC while you are on the phone or return your call when it’s complete.  Only odd thing - I was told they would not let me cancel and move the cruise a 2nd time without forfeiting my deposit.  I though this was very odd under their Cruise with Confidence program.

I had assumed that would be possible as well but the person I spoke with talked to a supervisor and I was told it was not possible.  Our other cruise was already booked, but I don’t know why that would be any different than using it to book a new cruise.  I was told the FCC had to be processed and that couldn’t be done the same day.  Maybe it’s a matter of how busy they are when you call?  I recall I did wait on hold about 45 minutes that time.  

I was not told that about losing my deposit if I changed again, although I think some of the language I’ve see (either on invoices or the website) made me think that might be the case.  

Now that I think about it, the cruise we canceled had already been moved once. We didn’t actually pay a deposit, though, because we originally booked it with FCC we got for a problem we had onboard during our last cruise in 2019.  And when we moved that one, we were able to cancel and apply the FCC to our new booking in one phone call.  But we hadn’t actually paid any money at that point, just applied the FCC, so I wonder if that made the difference.  In other words, the cruise we canceled in that transaction was not yet at final payment stage.  The second cruise we canceled was.

Here’s hoping we all get to actually cruise and not just continue to book/cancel/reschedule/repeat.