Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

22 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I guess I missed the good entertainment for the night, Andy says people will get destroyed and removed for that *****. 

I think it was Andy that took him out. He doesn’t want to do it when manny Olivera starts doing shows. He’ll make the guy into an entire show.

• Haha 1

The buttons for the doors are annoying. The ones you have to push. And you can’t use a knuckle Or anything. It has to be your thumb. I hate having to touch things everyone else is touching especially before I eat and this is the buffet we’re talking about. Now this is the situation i was in. I had one hand holding pizza. The other hand holding a soda. First door opens. Now I’m between the two doors. Second door. Won’t open. Won’t open with a wave. I tried a knuckle. I tried a pinky. Nope. I had t spill soda trying to get a thumb on that thing to get it to open.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t understand the lack of patience people have. In the elevator lobby I let an elevator go so I could get in my own. Then right as the doors are closing two guys stop it so they can get in. What’s the rush? There’s nobody waiting for an elevator. It would’ve been less than a minute to get your own.

This cruise has been like this in general have had people invade my personal space repeatedly. Dunno what’s gotten in the water

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The buttons for the doors are annoying. The ones you have to push. And you can’t use a knuckle Or anything. It has to be your thumb. I hate having to touch things everyone else is touching especially before I eat and this is the buffet we’re talking about. Now this is the situation i was in. I had one hand holding pizza. The other hand holding a soda. First door opens. Now I’m between the two doors. Second door. Won’t open. Won’t open with a wave. I tried a knuckle. I tried a pinky. Nope. I had t spill soda trying to get a thumb on that thing to get it to open.

Have to back up to trigger the sensor. If your right next to it won’t trigger.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t understand the lack of patience people have. In the elevator lobby I let an elevator go so I could get in my own. Then right as the doors are closing two guys stop it so they can get in. What’s the rush? There’s nobody waiting for an elevator. It would’ve been less than a minute to get your own.

This is something I can see myself guilty of.

Not because I am inconsiderate, far from it, but because I am impatient...curse of the OCD/ADD thing.

I would realize it AFTER that I should've just waited and let it go.

BUT, good thing is that I have always kept my distance from strangers. 

Finally a negative trait has come my way....LOL

• Like 2

7 hours ago, blarko said:

Andy?

Andy is not only the 18+ comedy host, he was also the last cruise director on Carnival Fantasy prior to the shutdown and subsequent retirement of the ship. He’s quite fun and funny and I expect his next contract will take him back to that level. I’m not sure if he has a nickname for the CD role as I think he was new to it, but his catchphrase is, you’ve always got a friend in me. 

He also ran a goofy daytime game interspersed between trivia called Walk the Plank. It’s overly complicated and watching him try to manage it is half the fun. That’s him in the red shirt.

9279CE7D-D660-459E-BB5A-3A1CF7E553FA.jpeg

43D040C9-AA00-4170-BD88-AC56AE999D33.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Chicken biscuit 

F80C0D07-1D17-4A72-A6BD-33BC4448809B.jpeg

You sir, are killing me! How did I transition so quickly from "deeply grateful to have been on the 2nd voyage" to "evil green-eyed jealous monster who wants to cruise again RIGHT NOW?"  Those biscuits were so fresh and perfect with the breakfast chicken.  

And like others I am in awe of your ability to imbibe with impunity and remain coherent, much less to rise early and begin the cycle anew!  Those days are long, long behind me, but I still want a sip of everything you're having. 💗🥰🚢🍹🐔 And I definitely appreciate being taken along on your journey. Keep up the great work.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

The soda machine is nice but it’s really slow. Because only once person can be making a drink at a time.

In my review I constantly raved about the Deck 8 aft, Summer Landing area of the Smokehouse (which has a breakfast buffet, though I didn't try it), the Parched Pig bar, and the somewhat underused (compared to Lido) outdoor pool area.  There is a soda machine there in the Smokehouse that is hardly noticed or used. Same dynamic, one at a time, but it's rare anyone else is standing there with you waiting. We had Bottomless Bubbles for the first time on MG in an effort to stay hydrated in the heat.  Also, Parched Pig was the only bar where they didn't run us a tab to sign for plain juice. Just looked at my BB sticker on my S/S card and handed us the juice.

• Like 2