NCL Epic for the British

Trimone

9 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

What they mean with ‘several other countries’? 

Entry and transit in Italy are forbidden for persons:

• who, in the previous fourteen days, have stayed or transited in Brazil (see exceptions)
  • who arrive from or have stayed in the previous fourteen days in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka (see exceptions)

Just some examples.

I have had the same email about the Epic cruise on 15.9.21 from Rome. Ive decided its all just too much now and want to cancel. Are you saying that i can get my money back as the cruise has altered so much it has become a seacation or do i have to just accept a credit voucher? 

6 minutes ago, Jayneykul said:

I have had the same email about the Epic cruise on 15.9.21 from Rome. Ive decided its all just too much now and want to cancel. Are you saying that i can get my money back as the cruise has altered so much it has become a seacation or do i have to just accept a credit voucher? 

I would go for money back, the price of 2022 cruises is outrageous 

Thank you Trimone, am i entitled to ask for my money back? I have been emailing my travel person without response. I will send another email now saying i want a refund. I really appreciate your help its giving me wear and tear on my arteries i dont need

12 minutes ago, Jayneykul said:

Thank you Trimone, am i entitled to ask for my money back? I have been emailing my travel person without response. I will send another email now saying i want a refund. I really appreciate your help its giving me wear and tear on my arteries i dont need

Your have rights in the U.K. hence why NCL are being very sympathetic towards cancellations 

I have finally had a reply from my PCC. She asked if i was cancelling the cruise under POM i said no i was cancelling under 10c of the contract and want a refund rather than FCC. She has sent me a form to complete. I suspect i will just be given FCC

On 8/25/2021 at 4:05 PM, Jayneykul said:

I have finally had a reply from my PCC. She asked if i was cancelling the cruise under POM i said no i was cancelling under 10c of the contract and want a refund rather than FCC. She has sent me a form to complete. I suspect i will just be given FCC

If they try to give you FCC go and do a charge back with your credit company in the U.K. you have consumer rights under the sale of goods act 

What an awful situation...we cancelled our med cruise for Sept last month and booked a UK staycation instead..

We are now looking towards our Jan Caribbean cruise and have shelled out a lot of money on UC flights and can't even enter the US at the moment.

Good luck and I agree with the chargeback idea as previously mentioned

With regards to the tests we have to do up to 72 hours before we sail (not the ones done by NCL). Are people doing antigen or PCR tests? 

We are in Barcelona for just over a day before the cruise and so were going to get tests done just before we leave the UK either at the airport or on the way as there aren’t many in clinic test centres near us. Antigen is cheaper and would give us quicker results but not sure if should just go for a PCR instead? We don’t need the results for arrival into Spain but obviously would be there if we then did get a positive result.  So would be interested to see what everyone else was doing? 

• Like 1

We are there on the first, according to information from Barcelona some hotels do a fast antigen service, I’m completing  a nhs PCR test on Monday and have loads of antigen test kits to monitor us on the holiday 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MISSGJ said:

Do we have to do an additional test to the one NCL give us at the port?

It is recommended by NCL but also their t&c says that if you test positive at the port they will only cover costs (over what your insurance will cover) if you also have an official negative test from within the last 7 year  hours. Antigen or PCR but not a home test kit

@ScratchTheRat I know you were thinking of getting an Italian friend to pick you up in France and drive you into Italy so that you could avoid the quarantine but please note that when you enter the Schengen zone your passport will be stamped and that stamp will show that you entered the EU from UK less than 14 days before entering Italy 

Screenshot_20210828-142457_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210828-142600_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210828-142631_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

It is recommended by NCL but also their t&c says that if you test positive at the port they will only cover costs (over what your insurance will cover) if you also have an official negative test from within the last 7 year  hours. Antigen or PCR but not a home test kit

So confusing. When I booked the gent on the phone said we only need the test at the port. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I guess things are changing daily. 

1 hour ago, MISSGJ said:

So confusing. When I booked the gent on the phone said we only need the test at the port. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I guess things are changing daily. 

You can still do just the test at the port, however, if you test positive at the port and need quarantine, not having done an additional test within 72 hours means that NCL will not help cover quarantine expenses, which they would do if you had taken another test before.

11 minutes ago, emerald6273 said:

Now that restrictions are lifted in Italy from 31 August 2021 for double vaccinated and negative Covid tested UK visitors, wonder will NCL still insist on ship excursions only.

Screenshot_20210828-194626_Facebook.jpg

Yes because that applies to all excursions in Italy irrespective of which country you are from 

• Like 1