Current Mask Requirements

Sascol

I am sure if I do a deep dive (or not so deep dive) into some of these forums I could find this out but can anybody tell me what the current protocol is on Celebrity cruises with regards to masks? Last I read they were not required once on the ship. Is this still a true statement? Thank you everyone in advance.

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

The requirement is different dependant upon the country / port of departure. So there is no real way to answer this other than to post the relevant link from the Celebrity website: celebrity-healthy-at-sea-protocols.pdf (celebritycruises.com) I hope that helps. 

And that PDF is already out of date.  Example:  Florida departures to any of several islands allowing un-vaccinated adults if they're willing to deal with some additional protocols and masking during the cruise.  Nope, not now.

That's one BAD thing about Celebrity and their online messaging -- they do not include date or revision numbers on anything!  Because X is very poor at coordination of their messaging, that makes it quite difficult, especially in these times, to know which protocols are actually current.  They're still sending out emails talking about 72 hours (vs. the now correct 3 days) pre-cruise testing.

The one source that is updated the most frequently and seems to stay ahead of the craziness is this one (and the FAQ page you can reach from it) though I wouldn't vouch for it on any given day, either! 

>> https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

Edited by canderson

8 minutes ago, laslomas said:

That is relevant for US departures. This is the link for all destinations, including the date it was last updated.  Travel & Entry Requirements to Cruise Departure Port | Celebrity Cruises

Thought that's where @Sascol was from.

Yes, your link is one level up in the same chain of pages, and all seem to be reasonably trustworthy at the moment.

As for dating, meant any of their online documents (typically pdf).  The web pages we're talking about are the only source a person can trust these days!

Edited by canderson

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Thought that's where @Sascol was from.

Yes, your link is one level up in the same chain of pages, and all seem to be reasonably trustworthy at the moment.

As for dating, meant any of their online documents (typically pdf).  The web pages we're talking about are the only source a person can trust these days!

I agree, we all have to be aware of any changes, but the best place to start is the Celebrity website, and just hope it is current.

But I am a bit confused as I have absolutely no idea where @Sascol is from, that was the reason I posted a link for all.

We were on the Edge in July....maskless and awesome.  Hoping they remain maskless....if so, we'll forego our 8 free cruises on RC and pay to enjoy the incredible experience on Celebrity.  Certainly challenging to make too many plans, as protocols can (and most likely will) change frequently.

• Like 1