Just Finished Cruising Scarlet Lady - Ask me any questions..

desire882x

1 hour ago, hrt4girls said:

Do you have any info on Richards Rooftop?  Would it be a good place for sail away?  Is it open all day or just in the evenings?  Thanks

The app used to show it, under  discover> ship> rockstar.. now, it just says,..soon, oh so soon.... AS ususal, garbage app..

On 10/4/2021 at 11:46 PM, hrt4girls said:

Do you have any info on Richards Rooftop?  Would it be a good place for sail away?  Is it open all day or just in the evenings?  Thanks

Richards Rooftop is open all day and into the evening. It only has a bar and no food but just outside the area is the Sun Club Cafe where you get some snacks.

we went to Richard’s Rooftop to sail away from Portsmouth as it is at the front of the ship, but then realised it is surrounded by glass which obscures the view! So we grabbed our drink and watched from the side by the cafe.

Don

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, lucyducy said:

Where can you find pastries or muffins and a coffee for breakfast?

lots of pastries/muffins and drip coffee in the galley and some pastries and upcharged coffee (lattes, cappuccinos, etc.) at the coffee shop for casual breakfast, and Razzle Dazzle and the Wake both had pastries at breakfast time for a sit-down meal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, there is a small fridge in the cabin.  It is unlikely that you will be the only overweight person on your sailing...but I guess that depends on the date you book!  The people on board are significantly older than you might think from the ads.

6 hours ago, txhawk36 said:

My questions:

Am I going to be the only overweight/out of shape person on this cruise???

Is there a fridge in the room? I have an XL balcony.

Thanks!

When are you sailing?  We are sailing next weekend on Scarlett. If you are on that cruise, we can hang out in the out of shape section of the ship. 😎

1 hour ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

When are you sailing?  We are sailing next weekend on Scarlett. If you are on that cruise, we can hang out in the out of shape section of the ship. 😎

If you go to utube, there's a video by JJ cruise , giving a tour of the ship Scarlet Lady and they did a fantastic job explaining the different venues. And, Not everyone was skinny 😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, txhawk36 said:

My questions:

Am I going to be the only overweight/out of shape person on this cruise???

Is there a fridge in the room? I have an XL balcony.

Thanks!

I am am a triple threat, old, overweight and out of shape!  I will be onboard next week celebrating my 60th, and can't wait to enjoy the Scarlet Lady!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks so much for the review! You say you went to the Park and Cruise lot. Is there parking at Terminal V or do you have to use a Park and Cruise lot? We're driving down from Orlando so I just wanted to check on the parking situation before we arrive.

As for "Razzle Dazzle" the decor and stripes draw inspiration from the camo "Dazzle" paint scheme from the WWII British Navy Ships. It's not supposed to be an 'upscale razzle dazzle' spot, just quirky. It was originally going to be home to the Drag Queen Brunch but that got dropped after the restart. 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/when-british-wanted-camouflage-their-warships-they-made-them-dazzle-180958657/

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 9.53.54 PM.png

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 11:59 PM, lyannea said:

If you go to utube, there's a video by JJ cruise , giving a tour of the ship Scarlet Lady and they did a fantastic job explaining the different venues. And, Not everyone was skinny 😉

Danny Harr of the Harr Travel YouTube channel also does fantastic, top to bottom, bow to stern walkthroughs of the ships as well. Additionally, he does walkthroughs of every type of cabin on each ship. Excellent channel to do research on the layout of a ship before you sail and he did tour the Scarlet Lady and all of her cabins. 

• Thanks 1