NEW CDC CRUISE GUIDELINES /SENIORS WIYH UNDER LYING MEDICAL CONDITIONS

mcrcruiser

11 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

This past weekend there were dozens of college stadiums packed with anywhere between 60K and 80K or more folks.  No masks required...no proof of vaccination required (at most)

An excellent point. That's something to remember when we plan our cruises.

Edited by HappyInVan

• 1 month later...

Regarding those who use and oxygen concentrator:

Educator and 2 Cruises per year both posted a link to the Princess website - before you sail.  It seems the wording may have been changed as that same link now reads:

We welcome guests who use oxygen concentrators. Unfortunately we are unable to accept guests who are dependent on supplemental oxygen tanks or dialysis at this time. Our medical experts have determined that, for the guest’s own safety, this is the right decision.

We’ve had to make some difficult decisions based on general public health guidelines and the overall health and safety of our guests. We remain optimistic that our approach on future sailings will become more flexible.

To me that would read that people using portable oxygen concentrators are allowed to sail, and only those reliant on oxygen tanks are not allowed to sail.  I hope I can get further clarification on this soon as I have paid a deposit on a world cruise and need to make a decision in the coming ten days.