Universal Electrical Adapters?

garagesalegran

We’re from Texas so we have 120volt electric devices: CPAP machine, Dexcom Glucose Receiver and Biotronix  CardioMessenger for Pacemaker downloads - all devices need to be plugged in at one time or another.  Please recommended a universal adapter we can plug in to the 220volt side on Horizon so 2 devices can be charged at the same time.  Maybe an extension cord would be best for the 120v side.

34 minutes ago, garagesalegran said:

We’re from Texas so we have 120volt electric devices: CPAP machine, Dexcom Glucose Receiver and Biotronix  CardioMessenger for Pacemaker downloads - all devices need to be plugged in at one time or another.  Please recommended a universal adapter we can plug in to the 220volt side on Horizon so 2 devices can be charged at the same time.  Maybe an extension cord would be best for the 120v side.

All you should need is a power strip and an extension cord without surge protection. That way you do not need to worry about a 220V to 120V transformer, which aren't allowed on board. 

8 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

That should work for international travel as long as you don't have anything that actually requires 120V. 

40 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

All you should need is a power strip and an extension cord without surge protection. That way you do not need to worry about a 220V to 120V transformer, which aren't allowed on board. 

I have never heard of a cruise line prohibiting a travel transformer, and from my experience with both shipboard electrical systems and shipboard fires, I don't know of any reason they would be prohibited.

50 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

As noted, this is not a power transformer (or converter as they are called, that changes 220v to 120v), it is merely a plug adapter that changes the shape of the outlet pins.

For the OP, I would check the fine print on your CardioMessenger, to see if it takes 100-240vac (which I suspect it does), and if so, you can plug it directly into the 220v outlet, with the proper plug adapter.  Similarly, check your glucose meter and CPAP.  Nearly all of these devices today are dual voltage (100-240vac).

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, garagesalegran said:

Thank you everyone. A power strip & extension cord is what we will use.

Again---as long as the power strip does not have a surge suppressor. Here is what the Carnival site says. 

Each stateroom has one electric outlet located at the desk. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) and a 220 volt (Europe German-Style). On the Carnival Celebration and Mardi Gras, there are three outlets located at the desk. 

On the Carnival Horizon, Carnival Panorama, Carnival Sunrise, and Carnival Vista, there is one USB outlet (5 volt, 1000mA) in each stateroom. On the Carnival Celebration and Mardi Gras, there are multiple USB outlets at the desk and next to the beds. 

The outlet in the bathroom can only be used for electric razors.

Power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

I took this picture on either the Vista or Horizon, but I believe they are both the same.

Outlets.jpg

Edited by chocolate melting cake