Binaxnow Home Test

vllygrrl

Just tried to message them and it said my booking number doesn't exist.  I pulled it from their site so I know it's correct.  However, it took my message without the booking number.  I put my message in question format and then explained why it was so important. 

I have little faith that anyone of any importance will see our messages as I always get a form letter back from them and they never respond to anything I ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2021 at 3:09 PM, phissy said:

I submitted suggestion for MSC to approve this test.

Princess, HAL, RCL, Celebrity and Carnival all approve this type of test.

NCL does not  as they provide rapid test at pier. (Currently)  

Many still think MSC is doing test at pier.   Hopefully they will get emails re: new protocols for cruising.

We do not cruise until November. Hopefully there will be updates before then.

I will do the same.  Thanks for the list of lines that accept it. I sail in three weeks, just got docs and they specifically say that testing is required before AND a test will be conducted at the pier.  We'll see what happens.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

I will do the same.  Thanks for the list of lines that accept it. I sail in three weeks, just got docs and they specifically say that testing is required before AND a test will be conducted at the pier.  We'll see what happens.  

Wishing you a Happy Cruise.!   Hope all goes well and you have a great time.

Just checked MSC site for fully Vaxed-  embarkation Sept - Oct 31.  They do not list that they will do test at pier. Just that you must provide negative result from approved test.   With MSC, who knows what the current procedures are?  Good Luck and have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 3:14 PM, phissy said:

I did notice that other cruise lines are not charging to test B2B cruisers. Seems like MSC is the only one, so far.  RCL had to backtrack when they released news to B2B passengers-  they must  pack all bags and go through embarkation again. BIG UPROAR.

They quickly updated it to "You do not need to pack and remove luggage" between cruises.

I am sailing a B2B and have called MSC SEVERAL times and have been assured there is NO CHARGE for test at turn around. 

Can you point me in the direction of the chart that lets you know earliest day to test ??? Thanks! 

On 8/27/2021 at 2:27 PM, phissy said:

It is a Rx test with Diagnosis code, CPT Code, Lab NPI and Lab EIN.

ICD-10 Diagnosis codes are usually not on Lab Results.. ICD-10 codes are required for submitting insurance claims. Which ICD-10 code is on the BinoxNOW Rapid AG result ? I am seriously interested from a professional view. Thanks.

Lab EIN is not required for test resulting.. most companies don’t give out their EIN .. only for Tax purpose.. 

Most important is Lab CLIA number.. CLIA certifies accredited Clinical Laboratories.

27 minutes ago, kruz said:

I am sailing a B2B and have called MSC SEVERAL times and have been assured there is NO CHARGE for test at turn around. 

Can you point me in the direction of the chart that lets you know earliest day to test ??? Thanks! 

Go to MSC site and click on Health and Safety. Then area cruising Caribbean , then scroll down to FAQ.

Click on Prepare for my Cruise. Guidelines listed below including chart for testing timeline.

D8EF93E7-86CA-4064-A8BB-BED068B738A2.jpeg

28 minutes ago, phissy said:

Go to MSC site and click on Health and Safety. Then area cruising Caribbean , then scroll down to FAQ.

Click on Prepare for my Cruise. Guidelines listed below including chart for testing timeline.

D8EF93E7-86CA-4064-A8BB-BED068B738A2.jpeg

Thank you so much!! Just called MSC again re: B2B cruises. Was advided to go to Customer service and let them know you are B2B. At this time there is no charge for testing on turnaround day. 

• Thanks 1

I just posted this morning.....

MSC is now accepting the Binax NOW Ag Card Rapid Covid test for fully vaccinated guests sailing

after Oct 31, 2021.

Was checking site everyday, hoping our emails would convince them to follow other major cruise lines who accept this test.

SO GLAD THIS HAS BEEN ADDED TO MSC SITE!!!! 

Thanks to all who posted that they submitted our request for approval of this test.

Especially GADABOUTGAL who first suggested we do this.

Amazing, hope our input influenced their decision😃

Edited by phissy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phissy said:

I just posted this morning.....

MSC is now accepting the Binax NOW Ag Card Rapid Covid test for fully vaccinated guests sailing

after Oct 31, 2021.

Was checking site everyday, hoping our emails would convince them to follow other major cruise lines who accept this test.

Thanks to all who posted that they submitted our request for approval of this test.

Especially GADABOUTGAL who first suggested we do this.

Amazing, hope our input influenced their decision😃

I failed to thank you (on the other thread) and everyone who took the time to contact MSC about this! Many many thanks!!

Do you know if we can purchase these test kits in stores or do they need to be ordered online?  
It looks like CVS has the other Binax test but not the one we need with telehealth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, styles27 said:

I failed to thank you (on the other thread) and everyone who took the time to contact MSC about this! Many many thanks!!

Do you know if we can purchase these test kits in stores or do they need to be ordered online?  
It looks like CVS has the other Binax test but not the one we need with telehealth. 

Its online only, emed.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maureencruiser said:

Its online only, emed.com

Store.optum.com is another resource.

emend.com offers pack of 6 for $150.00 .

There is additional overnight Fed Ex charge. We paid 15.00 for the Fed Ex shipping. No sales tax. So, $165.00 for pack of 6.  We plan on using 4-5 of these.

Also, be aware that the FDA has extended the expiration date of the Binax NOW Ag Card kits to 12 months  beyond manufacture date.  Ours are good until Feb 2022.

The Optum site offers packs of 2 or 3.  So, for those who do not want 6 tests, this is less expensive option. Just make sure you order the tests that include Telehealth monitoring.

Hope this helps.

Pat

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phissy said:

Store.optum.com is another resource.

emend.com offers pack of 6 for $150.00 .

There is additional overnight Fed Ex charge. We paid 15.00 for the Fed Ex shipping. No sales tax. So, $165.00 for pack of 6.  We plan on using 4-5 of these.

Also, be aware that the FDA has extended the expiration date of the Binax NOW Ag Card kits to 12 months  beyond manufacture date.  Ours are good until Feb 2022.

The Optum site offers packs of 2 or 3.  So, for those who do not want 6 tests, this is less expensive option. Just make sure you order the tests that include Telehealth monitoring.

Hope this helps.

Pat

Great to know about the expiration date being extended. 
I ended up ordering the 6 tests from emed and they accepted my FSA card for payment which is great.
We both need to test before returning to work and since we fly home only a few days before Thanksgiving getting an appointment for a test could be difficult. 
So these will come in handy. 

I wonder if the airlines will allow these in our carryon bags as they are temp sensitive.  (36-86 deg f) 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, phissy said:

after Oct 31, 2021.

Hi!  This is awesome news!!!  I'm looking on the MSC Site and don't see it in writing anywhere though - what am I missing?  TIA!

5 minutes ago, tlmaule said:

Hi!  This is awesome news!!!  I'm looking on the MSC Site and don't see it in writing anywhere though - what am I missing?  TIA!

Oh shoot!  Never mind!  I missed the "after October 31st" part.  My cruise is Sept 10 so no luck for us.  Awesome news for everyone after that though!!!   🙂

According to the email I just received and their online page, the home test is acceptable for cruises after Sept 13 (https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean-cruises)

Telehealth self-tests taken at home will be accepted provided the following requirements are met:

• The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. FDA
  • The self-test process must happen under live supervision on a video call with a telehealth representative
  • The telehealth provider must issue you a result document that includes all the necessary information
  • An example of one test that meets these parameters is the supervised Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test available through the Abbott Navica app or  eMed.com.

Note that this test kit must be shipped to your home in most cases and may take up to 5 business days to arrive (in the U.S.) after you order.
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, abqkjh said:

According to the email I just received and their online page, the home test is acceptable for cruises after Sept 13 (https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean-cruises)

Telehealth self-tests taken at home will be accepted provided the following requirements are met:

• The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. FDA
  • The self-test process must happen under live supervision on a video call with a telehealth representative
  • The telehealth provider must issue you a result document that includes all the necessary information
  • An example of one test that meets these parameters is the supervised Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test available through the Abbott Navica app or  eMed.com.

Note that this test kit must be shipped to your home in most cases and may take up to 5 business days to arrive (in the U.S.) after you order.

Just noticed that MSC updated Health and Safety as of September 3.

Everyone with cruises this fall,  check the website.

As noted above, telehealth monitored rapid Covid test now allowed for fully vaxed sailing after Sept 13.

Note for those ordering from eMed.com….they ship overnight Fed Ex after approval by in-house medical staff. We got ours in  3 days.

• Like 1

I don't think I have seen anyone mention children 2-11 who are unvaxed. 

I believe that since the BinaxNow Covid-19 Ag Card is an antigen test, it will not be acceptable for children 2-11 who must also be tested before arriving at pier?  They will still need to get a PCR / NAAT test at a pharmacy/health provider, right?

11 hours ago, KeepSailing said:

I don't think I have seen anyone mention children 2-11 who are unvaxed. 

I believe that since the BinaxNow Covid-19 Ag Card is an antigen test, it will not be acceptable for children 2-11 who must also be tested before arriving at pier?  They will still need to get a PCR / NAAT test at a pharmacy/health provider, right?

Correct.