CARNIVAL KITCHEN ON MARDI GRAS

SNJCruisers

Looking for any information regarding the Carnival Kitchen.  I know it's 30.00 pp and can only be reserved once on board.  It also supposedly fills up fast because of the limited slots.

If anyone has any first hand experience with this activity on the Mardi Gras or even on the Panorama, could you please post as to which class you took, and the positives and negatives about it.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Looking for any information regarding the Carnival Kitchen.  I know it's 30.00 pp and can only be reserved once on board.  It also supposedly fills up fast because of the limited slots.

If anyone has any first hand experience with this activity on the Mardi Gras or even on the Panorama, could you please post as to which class you took, and the positives and negatives about it.  Thank you.

Prior to the shutdown, you were able to book it online pre-cruise, but that didn't seem to come back since they resumed sailing. I haven't gotten to try it yet, but I do recall when I was booking it before there were a couple of different prices based on the class.

Cruise fever had an article that outlined the different classes and prices... obviously from before, so who knows if they still offer ALL of the classes or if prices changed, but it might give an idea.

https://cruisefever.net/carnival-kitchen-prices-new-dining-experience-on-carnival-panorama/

My ex and son signed up to take the cupcake class while on Panorama cruise but they ask you to fill out a health questionnaire prior to starting and he put down he had a slight cough and they refunded the ticket price and would not allow them to participate.  Good on them for health protocols back during the first sailing!! imagine it will have the same questionnaire on Mardi Gras or any other ships offering this.

Just off Mardi Gras. My sister and I wanted to take a class. It could not find any information on it. It is not in the Hub app anywhere. I finally went to Guest Services to ask about it.  I was told “it’s in the app”. I asked her to please show me where and of course she couldn’t find it. She called her supervisor who told her her that the only way to book a class was on the internet,  I did not buy an internet package so that is why I couldn’t find it.  Also, by that time the classes were all full.

26 minutes ago, pc2425 said:

Just off Mardi Gras. My sister and I wanted to take a class. It could not find any information on it. It is not in the Hub app anywhere. I finally went to Guest Services to ask about it.  I was told “it’s in the app”. I asked her to please show me where and of course she couldn’t find it. She called her supervisor who told her her that the only way to book a class was on the internet,  I did not buy an internet package so that is why I couldn’t find it.  Also, by that time the classes were all full.

You should have been able to reach Carnival.com as a free website without having to buy an Internet package. But it doesn't sound right that the only way to book it is on the Internet. I might have asked someone else like a maitre d'.

My husband and I did the BBQ one yesterday on the Panorama. We signed up at the steakhouse on the 1st sea day because you can’t sing up on the Hub. 

The whole experience was a lot of fun and best of all they send you the recipes for what you are cooking. 

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

You should have been able to reach Carnival.com as a free website without having to buy an Internet package. But it doesn't sound right that the only way to book it is on the Internet. I might have asked someone else like a maitre d'.

We could reach carnival.com but the issue was that we had no idea that was where to go for the carnival kitchen.  The classes are not advertised anywhere! The only reason I knew they existed was from these boards. I actually thought they had stopped them for some reason.

13 minutes ago, pc2425 said:

We could reach carnival.com but the issue was that we had no idea that was where to go for the carnival kitchen.  The classes are not advertised anywhere! The only reason I knew they existed was from these boards. I actually thought they had stopped them for some reason.

I think they would be under specialty dining but it makes no sense to me that you would be able to book after the cruise had begun via the internet.

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think they would be under specialty dining but it makes no sense to me that you would be able to book after the cruise had begun via the internet.

I am only telling you my experience. They were not listed in the Hub app anywhere.  Not under “what’s happening”, not under “ food and dining”…..nowhere.  The woman at guest services didn’t believe me either until she looked for them!

4 minutes ago, pc2425 said:

I am only telling you my experience. They were not listed in the Hub app anywhere.  Not under “what’s happening”, not under “ food and dining”…..nowhere.  The woman at guest services didn’t believe me either until she looked for them!

I'm not doubting you. I think Guest Service and whoever they asked were clueless.