More Cancellations, Island and Diamond Princess!!!

LACruiser88

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm on the Emerald Princess Panama Canal cruise just 3 days before the Island was supposed to sail. Is that one in jeopardy? Or just smaller / older ships?

The December 9th Emerald cruise is one of the replacement cruises for passengers on the cancelled December 12th Island cruise, thus so far your cruise is not in jeopardy.

The difference is that the Island would have used the original locks while the Emerald will use the new locks.

• Like 1

I made a decision in early February to cancel everything I had for 2022.  I had a feeling things would still not be back to normal in international cities I wanted to visit.  Decided to wait for 2023.  Just booked today with Azamara for Japan (April) and Israel (October)  And Princess for 21 day Med RT Barcelona (May).  Hoping that Covid will be under control and the world will be safe. 

Been doing my USA bucket list in the meantime 😊

On 8/26/2021 at 7:41 PM, lindberg said:

I was booked on the Diamond Princess March 5 2022, Buenos Aires to Los Angeles and according to Princess I could do a 'Move Over" to one year later.  But I've already booked two Princess cruises to Australia during  March 2023.  

Personally, with the way Australia has been going, I'm not sure I'd be overly optimistic that they're going to be open to cruise ships even in March 2023.  

We also took a 'price protect' option. LA - Tokyo 22-day cancelled, became Majestic SYD-LA 28-day. The great thing was that we had an 'outside'. The Majestic does not have any 'outside' cabins, so we got Deluxe Balcony obstructed. Since we had a great rate [basic $1300] for outside, and balcony going for $5750, we saved a TON! So while I was really looking forward to a return to Japan, as well as a unique stop in Guam, I admit I am *dance*. 😄

I think Princess is giving much value in these 'price protect' deals. They obviously a taking some losses in order to get loyalty, which I think works well in the long run. They have mine!

• Like 4

We lost our LA to Toyko Cruise on April 5th. This now makes 8 cancelled cruises for use. Really not happy at this point.  The way we are treated by the Princess Land & Crew staff has really been changed since March 2020. It really says a lot about how bad Princess Customer Service is today.

15 minutes ago, Expat Cruise said:

We lost our LA to Toyko Cruise on April 5th. This now makes 8 cancelled cruises for use. Really not happy at this point.  The way we are treated by the Princess Land & Crew staff has really been changed since March 2020. It really says a lot about how bad Princess Customer Service is today.

We have lost a lot of cruises too; who hasn't? But not one seemed to make sense at all to sail. There really IS a pandemic. It really IS dangerous.

As for customer service, I think we have received extraordinary response considering the circumstances. This company has operated on a 'skeleton staff' for 1.5 years now, and have still accomplished a lot. 

Also, while obviously WAY short in liquid assets, they have met the enforced cancellation process by taking further losses to encourage loyalty, as I showed above. Princess has always been good with service since I started cruising, which is why they are my only 'Elite' loyalty, or equivalent. 

Hopefully, they will survive to flourish past COVID. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, generichandle said:

As for customer service, I think we have received extraordinary response considering the circumstances. This company has operated on a 'skeleton staff' for 1.5 years now, and have still accomplished a lot. 

Also, while obviously WAY short in liquid assets, they have met the enforced cancellation process by taking further losses to encourage loyalty, as I showed above. Princess has always been good with service since I started cruising, which is why they are my only 'Elite' loyalty, or equivalent. 

Hopefully, they will survive to flourish past COVID. 

They are using the excuse of Covid-19 to reduce and provide the worst customer service in the history of the company. While maybe you are happy with them, that is great for you. But I'm mad at Princess and that will be reflected in the way I cruise with them now and in the future. I'm 100% for myself... even if it costs Princess thousands and benefits me a few pennies I'm going that way. I have thousands in credits and will use them but the days of Princess making money from me are long over. 

15 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

They are using the excuse of Covid-19 to reduce and provide the worst customer service in the history of the company. 

Really? They were so happy to finally not have to provide all that 'service,' that good ole COVID saved them from this burden! And, of course, the loss of profit is well worth it to frustrate your needs! *stare*

But everyone has their own point of view. You go guy!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1