Encore back to yellow: CDC started investigation?

On 9/2/2021 at 11:31 AM, zerooveride said:

Both me, my wife and another cruiser on our FB group received the same Exposure Alert. The only time we were in the same place on that date was when we were at the Free Cruise Bingo, but were on different sides of the theater. That means that someone in the theater subsequently tested positive.

Also, at least 3 people (with tests pending for a couple that have symptoms) have come back positive post-cruise for COVID.

Then on 08/31/2021 NCL informed currently on-board passengers that a number of crew were positive for COVID. The general rule of thumb I have read is that the incubation period is about 5-8 days (general being the key word, not absolute). That period would put the crew contracting it from our cruise, not the current one. 

COVID was onboard our sailing and I believe it is probably a lot more than what people on here and Facebook are saying as those two groups are a minority in relation to the number of people sailing. 

The one thing that irks me a bit is if NCL knows that crew members on 08/31 were positive, why haven't they done contract tracing with the passengers that disembarked on the 28th? If the crew tested positive 08/31 then the passengers that came into contact with them on our sailing were most likely exposed. 

I did expect a higher risk of getting COVID in such a congregate setting. I'll be honest, I didn't expect so many foreign travelers on our cruise to be honest and especially not one from a place that is a COVID hotspot (to say the least).

To be truthful, NCL has dropped the ball by NOT being transparent to us while on the cruise. If there was a positive case early on in the cruise (which there most likely was) they should have told us so that if we wished we could have taken additional precautions. 

understandable but i do be believe the US is a hot spot as well.I"m from  Texas check Florida check

34 minutes ago, DAVLIB007 said:

understandable but i do be believe the US is a hot spot as well.I"m from  Texas check Florida check

I did find it ironic that I've had the app since it became available (10-01-2020) and haven't received a single one. I go on vacation and I get one from the day I'm in the middle of the ocean . . . lol (not that its a laughing matter, just the irony of it).

On 8/31/2021 at 11:57 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

It's hard to tell. Yellow is worse than orange (which seems counter-intuitive to me). Best I can understand, neither color absolutely confirms covid onboard. It could be a CLI. However; based on reports of hazmat suits on deck 10, I would be bet it's actual covid. It is impossible to keep this virus off ships.

Yellow is worse than orange? That seems to go against the descriptions, where yellow is CDC investigating and orange is CDC monitoring. Seems like monitoring would be worse than investigating?

3 minutes ago, Snowrose said:

Yellow is worse than orange? That seems to go against the descriptions, where yellow is CDC investigating and orange is CDC monitoring. Seems like monitoring would be worse than investigating?

Yellow is positively worse than orange. Like I said, seems counter intuitive to me, but what do I know? Here's the description from the CDC

image.png.729839b908ed93be8186aefb51f69d24.png

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

On 9/3/2021 at 4:02 AM, ziggyuk said:

What is going on with NCL? MSC restarted on 8 months ago in Europe and allowed unvaccinated, there have only been a handful of cases.

NCL restart in the US with what should be much stricter requirements and this happens.

There has to be a reason, are people not following protocols?

The Delta variant is much more transmissible and wasn't around months ago.

12 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Yellow is positively worse than orange. Like I said, seems counter intuitive to me, but what do I know? Here's the description from the CDC

image.png.729839b908ed93be8186aefb51f69d24.png

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

Who put out the graph of ship images posted in this thread? That graph shows increasing green, yellow, orange, red.

Very strange.

11 minutes ago, Snowrose said:

Who put out the graph of ship images posted in this thread? That graph shows increasing green, yellow, orange, red.

Very strange.

If by graph you mean the flow chart in post #57, that flow chart was published by the CDC, and I agree, it is odd the way the bottom row places the colors. At first glance it appears they are sequential from least to most restrictive; but if you follow the (poorly written) flow chart through, you will see that the colors listed on the bottom are not placed in order of severity. If you are referencing an actual graph and not the flow chart in #57 please share the post number.

Here is a more detailed description directly from the CDC. The flow chart was attempting to make sense of this.......

image.thumb.png.39913fd67b2ed4dd97da275dd87c8b8a.png

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/management/technical-instructions-for-cruise-ships.html#greenship

On 9/1/2021 at 10:56 PM, alohayall said:

Flow charts can be a great (and an easy read).  It doesn’t take much to lose green status.  As pointed out by another poster, it only takes missing daily submission of data.

*UPDATE* I found the link… it is real.

Edited by SwimmingDragon