Roll Call, SD1 April 16th, San Juan

Jim Avery

Received cabin assignment, in cabin 214. Was hoping for upgrade to 315 but didnt happen. Actually like where we are. Lois is 2/3 packed. The local Chicos has empty racks. Must save money for Foxy's. Have lost 1 pound. Ready for eggs benedict.

Jim.

Received cabin assignment, in cabin 214. Was hoping for upgrade to 315 but didnt happen. Actually like where we are. Jim.

Jim,

One thing I can tell you for certain is that your cabin assignment next week beats the heck out of mine and most others who will be perusing this thread. Hope you have a great trip.

Glad to hear that you have your assignment ... actually there isn't a bad cabin on SD:D

I chuckled about the Chico's comment as I can relate.

Think of us all stranded on land as you dine on eggs benedict and drink at Foxys!

Bon Voyage!

Jim -

we always prefer the 2nd deck (much closer to the dining room also).

Like Ctbjr - much prefer your cabin assignment to ours next week (ZQVOL must be back at the front of the classroom all week).

Aah - the uncrowded decks and privacy of the SD decks. As we mingle with the masses here at Epcot (excellent hard cider last night at Rose & Crown pub) - I'm cursing whoever invented the double wide stroller -- the fiend who invented this traffic nightmare should be sentenced to eternity in "Its a Small World".

After yet another day of signing chits everywhere and following ZQ Vol and DS from pin trader to pin trader --- I'm betting that even with a single supplement the SD will be the ultimate bargain -- luxury with no whining masses (I mean the parents, not the children)-- a real vacation.

Jim, I belive I left an open tab at the Top of the Yacht. Please feel free to have a drink or two on us.

FT

Hi Y'all:

I'm sitting at the computer wearing my Soggy Dollar Tshirt trying to finish last day at work. We are leaving a little early to spend time in Old San Juan. Understand there is a bar in there where they invented the Pina Colada. Will do extensive research and report fully.

ctrjr1309, was kidding about cabin 315. Dont think Atle gives it out to us commoners. As DJ said, no bad cabins and we do prefer to hear the water while we sleep.

DJ, not kidding about Chicos. I think Lois bought one of each in the store. Me I have 2 pair shorts, I set flip flops, 1 boat shoes and assorted t shirts. Maybe one pair long pants, must look in the closet. I usually pack in 15 minutes so as to be surprised at the other end.

FT & ZQVOL: Thanks for the tab. Will try to drain it whilst taking copius notes. Thanks to all for the good wishes, wish you were all going too. Must try to organize such a cruise at some time.

Buenos Tardes and Adios,

Jim & Lois.

Bon Voyage Jim, Lois and all you other SeaDreamers!

There is an article in this month's Bon Appetit called "Pina Colada Smackdown" whgich talks about the two bars in San Juan who claim to be the birthplace of the Pina Colada.

Barrachina and The Caribe Hilton are listed as the possible birthplaces.

Bon Voyage Jim, Lois and all you other SeaDreamers!

QUOTE]

Let's not forget Allen and Maggie!! They've already left home but no doubt will see this upon their return and I don't want them to think we don't love them.

Archived