Broadly speaking, is it better to get the MSC Travel Protection Plan and avoid questions about other policies?

no1talks

If, in the coming months, MSC changes vaccinated pax policy from COVID coverage "recommended," to "required," do you think it's worth an extra $60 p.p. to just get MSC's COVID insurance package and be done with it?

My TA's insurance is about the same coverage and cheaper, but I wonder if I'm better off avoiding a possible insurance-not-good-enough mishap with MSC check-in staff.

As usual, thank you in advance for your considered opinions.

I had the same quandary.  I am vaccinated and researched covid policies.  Found several decent ones that were cheaper.  But re-read MSC coverage and noted it covers Covid tests.  Seeing as rapid pcr tests can cost around $100 and if you test positive or are exposed, you will probably take more than one.  so I went Ahead and got their insurance.

• Like 1

Spoke with an MSC rep yesterday.  If you are on a European cruise, you must buy the MSC insurance direct from them even if you have your own insurance.  If you are in Yacht Club, the price quoted was $426 for 2 for a 1 week cruise.

We felt it was better to just buy it from MSC (we’re sailing 11-14th and both vaccinated) 

When I made final payment my insurance shows up as including Covid coverage which I didn’t pay extra for so it seems they just threw it in?

B700C74F-A279-4D0A-93CA-61BB9D19F18E.png

On the included MSC COVID-19 Assistance in the first column, first item:  Cruise Refund for positive or quarantine is 100% fare refund or FCC.  I'm confused as to positive or quarantine.  Is that before the cruise, or once on?  I know I can call MSC, but wondering if anyone here had any clarification.

Edited by Native Floridian 26