Oct 2 Symphony cruise. Need to make choice for change.

11 minutes ago, GLADIATER said:

Need to know choices for Non refundable Symphony on Oct. 2. I have travel insurance also. My dear mother in law is in hosparus situation. Need to know our options right now. Thanks in advance.

Did you take insurance?   Does it cover you if a family member gets sick?  Otherwise You can cancel under cwc and get a fcc.  Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GLADIATER said:

I’ve so been putting this off.  And now she’s taking this bad turn. If I lift and move what’s the cost? Already paid drink, internet and a few excursions.

If you change cruises, all of that stuff will be refunded to the form of payment that you used.

• Like 1

They aren't offering lift & shifts unless they cancel the cruise. Anything purchased in CP will be refunded but if you take the CWC deal the FCC will be issued in your MIL name. I would call and see if either you can take her name off because of the medical situation and then get FCC. Or if you could remove her and still take the cruise. If you made final payment, I would also wait until Oct protocols are released and try to get an actual refund.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Whose name is on the reservation?  I got the impression that it was your reservation.   What does the insurance say about illness of a close relative?  Otherwise you can cancel and get a fcc.

It’s ours. Just going to give it a few more weeks (sounds cold I know) we can change dates easily. Just looking for the best way to handle this. TY

11 hours ago, GLADIATER said:

Just looking for the best way to handle this.

Assuming she's in her own cabin, call RCI and tell them she won't be able to abide by the protocols and ask for a full refund. Cancel all planner things bought in her name now - don't wait for those.

Edited by Biker19