Mask question for those who have recently cruised

17 hours ago, msvacation said:

We also were on the Ovation last week and I agree with sixbirches.  Cloth and disposables throughout the ship.  We also had the two masks provided in our room and was told if you needed more you could get them at guest relations.  We did not do this as we brought our own.  My hubby were a clean cloth mask each day and I wore disposable ones each day and on a port day, I changed one out when we got back to the ship.  

I see you are from PA as am I.  How safe did you feel on the 6 hour flight to Seattle?

How did you feel on the ship overall?  And I hear Northstar as of yesterday was still broken. Darn

Who was your captain and cruise director if you can remember?  Did you hear of anyone being called to the medical center for a tracelet issue and to be tested?  thanks in advance for answering if you can

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I see you are from PA as am I.  How safe did you feel on the 6 hour flight to Seattle?

How did you feel on the ship overall?  And I hear Northstar as of yesterday was still broken. Darn

Who was your captain and cruise director if you can remember?  Did you hear of anyone being called to the medical center for a tracelet issue and to be tested?  thanks in advance for answering if you can

I don't think Northstar is "broken." We were told it was closed because of COVID. They don't have the staff to clean it between parties and because it is an enclosed space, it would have to be limited to individual parties. Same as the escape room.

We aren't from PA but had a 6 hour flight from Tampa and felt quite safe. We were very impressed with the safety measures on the ship - lots of cleaning, and reinforcing the rules about masks and social distancing. Plus - a big plus for me was that they required vaccinations for all people over 12 and dockside testing for those children who could not get the vaccine. 

Cruise director was some gentleman who now lives in Tampa - middle aged white guy (can't remember his name.) He was pretty good. 

39 minutes ago, TSC said:

I don't think Northstar is "broken." We were told it was closed because of COVID. They don't have the staff to clean it between parties and because it is an enclosed space, it would have to be limited to individual parties. Same as the escape room.

We aren't from PA but had a 6 hour flight from Tampa and felt quite safe. We were very impressed with the safety measures on the ship - lots of cleaning, and reinforcing the rules about masks and social distancing. Plus - a big plus for me was that they required vaccinations for all people over 12 and dockside testing for those children who could not get the vaccine. 

Cruise director was some gentleman who now lives in Tampa - middle aged white guy (can't remember his name.) He was pretty good. 

thanks for replying.

The blog on You tube today by  JJ Cruises said it is broken and they are waiting for a part to come in. they work on it each day to try to fix.

Check out You tube and JJ Cruises is doing a Vlog each day.  they are a bit chatty and sometimes silly but also good photos.  Also Cruising JT is doing live blogs as well for Youtube and has one walking around at night as well as some of the shows.  

6 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Masks are becoming like shoes/purses for us ladies, one for every occasion! Haha, kind of funny but, then again, I do like some bling now and then!! Cheers!!

They even have LED masks that light up!

• Like 1

I’ve ordered American-made surgical grade masks and N95’s from a company called Armbrust based in Texas. The masks come in a whole bunch of different colors. Best masks I’ve ever used: longer, double wires across the nose piece, my glasses don’t fog and the fit is great. They’re a tad more expensive than their Chinese made counterparts found on Amazon, but I trust this company. Their Youtube website is pretty amazing too. The N95’s I’m taking on the ship in December as a backup. 

https://www.armbrustusa.com/

🙂

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Hi Oceansaway17 fellow PA,

Our flights were from Pittsburgh to Chicago to Seattle, then reverse.  We were in first class so not as tight as in coach.  I did feel comfortable on the planes.  We flew United and they were diligent in cleaning between flights.  The airports are all mandatory masks and for the most part, people were respectful of that.  You always have a few......   The one place I felt a little more hesitant was Chicago airport as it was very crowded and difficult to maintain social distancing.  It was a brief layover.  Pitts and Seattle were fine.  

We felt very safe on the ship.  Cleaning was 24/7 and the reduced capacity (25%) was awesome.  Seemed like a port day everyday with the lesser amount of people on board.  They are working very hard to keep everyone safe, for our sake and theirs.

Captain of the ship was Henrik Loy.  Cannot remember the name of the cruise director as only saw him briefly before and after shows.  

There was only one call for medical to a cabin one evening during a show.  I do not believe it was Covid related as we would have either been informed or the grapevine of the cruise would have known.  

Northstar was not in use while we were on the ship.  Heard that it may have been a broken part, but I am inclined to believe that because of the close quarters and ventilation and staffing to clean in between each ride that it was deemed unneccesary to risk passengers, but that is just my opinion.  

Overall, I felt completely comfortable with the way things are handled and we have another cruise coming up in less than 2 weeks.  Going with the same precautions we usually do and we will have a great time.

Happy and safe sailing to you and yours.

13 minutes ago, msvacation said:

Hi Oceansaway17 fellow PA,

Our flights were from Pittsburgh to Chicago to Seattle, then reverse.  We were in first class so not as tight as in coach.  I did feel comfortable on the planes.  We flew United and they were diligent in cleaning between flights.  The airports are all mandatory masks and for the most part, people were respectful of that.  You always have a few......   The one place I felt a little more hesitant was Chicago airport as it was very crowded and difficult to maintain social distancing.  It was a brief layover.  Pitts and Seattle were fine.  

We felt very safe on the ship.  Cleaning was 24/7 and the reduced capacity (25%) was awesome.    

Overall, I felt completely comfortable with the way things are handled and we have another cruise coming up in less than 2 weeks.  Going with the same precautions we usually do and we will have a great time.

Happy and safe sailing to you and yours.

thanks for your reply.  Now I just have to get through the rains that are coming and hope that CVS does not cancel my appointment next Tues but I can go to an urgent care.

I talked to the pharmacy and those CVS clinics that cancel, it is because the nurse had to cancel and not lack of supplies.  still the minute clinics at CVC should have more than one person.  oh well.

Glad to hear your felt safe on the plane and perhaps a bit less safe at airports.  I am lucky I have a direct flight.    for now I am about 80% sure I am going.  time will tell.  I think the actual ship itself will be the safest. Just hope the small crowds does not make the ship sad or too lonely of an experience. I will take books.