Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

40 minutes ago, umpisoccer said:

Do the upgrade bids usually get approved in the morning or evening?  We sail in 2 days (Sunday July 10th) and are hoping to get an email with a Haven upgrade. 🙂

I sail on Monday and my bid to a club balcony was approved yesterday (Thursday) morning. Haven't heard of anything other than balcony upgrades for that cruise.  You could check with plusgrade to see if your offer is pending, processing or expired.

2 hours ago, tetleytea said:

I just got my upgrade offer email and I'm struggling with how much I am willing to pay to upgrade to Haven or Owners.

I am in the same boat. What is the minimum you got for the Haven upgrade.  I like the place where my booked cabin is located so hard to justify so much more money for the upgrade although I would love to try the haven.

5 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

What is the bid range?

On the Getaway from October 22-29, 2022 (7-day Eastern Caribbean from Port Canaveral), the ranges, at least for me, are:

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Balcony (HA) $760-$2500

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom & Large Balcony (H7) $760-$2500

The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony (H6) $1000-$2850

The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Balcony (H3) $1500-$3000

The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H2) $1600-$3100

Honestly, I don't know if those bids are higher/lower depending on your currently booked cabin category. It makes sense to me that, if you're already in the Haven, your bid range to upgrade to a penthouse should be less than mine from a club balcony suite. But maybe that's not the case, I don't know.

1 minute ago, CruiseCatt said:

I am in the same boat. What is the minimum you got for the Haven upgrade.  I like the place where my booked cabin is located so hard to justify so much more money for the upgrade although I would love to try the haven.

Well if you're in the same boat, I'm not going to tell you.   😛      Really, though, I'm getting $1300 per person before my bid meter reaches yellow.  And I don't think I'm willing to go up to $1300.  Seems all the yellow are about 60% of full-price.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

Well if you're in the same boat, I'm not going to tell you.   😛      Really, though, I'm getting $1300 per person before my bid meter reaches yellow.  And I don't think I'm willing to go up to $1300.  Seems all the yellow are about 60% of full-price.

Thanks. Hahaha.  I didn't intend the pun but I guess it works.  Who knows we may actually be "in the same boat."  I'm going on the Alaska Encore (July 24). I am seeing $1200 pp for the most min bid in "Haven proper" and that is $2400 more than I want to spend. I would love to try the Haven one day down the road.

16 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

Not the same boat.   Our max bids are not even close.  But that is good information so I know whether we are getting a good deal.  Evidently, you are being offered a better one than us.

That could be different depending on the "available haven cabin" or due to what kind of cabin the bidder is upgrading from.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:36 PM, CruiseCatt said:

Thanks. Hahaha.  I didn't intend the pun but I guess it works.  Who knows we may actually be "in the same boat."  I'm going on the Alaska Encore (July 24). I am seeing $1200 pp for the most min bid in "Haven proper" and that is $2400 more than I want to spend. I would love to try the Haven one day down the road.

We're cruise mates! I'm in the Haven Courtyard and bid for the Owners Suite. My mom, sister and I are cruising. Mom surprised us and treated for the cruise so I put in bid to for the Owners Suite hoping to surprise them. 

If you are able, try for the Haven Courtyard. It's a wonderful experience! Enjoy your trip!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CindyPie1004 said:

We're cruise mates! I'm in the Haven Courtyard and bid for the Owners Suite. My mom, sister and I are cruising. Mom surprised us and treated for the cruise so I put in bid to for the Owners Suite hoping to surprise them. 

If you are able, try for the Haven Courtyard. It's a wonderful experience! Enjoy your trip!

Hello. Awesome surprise from your mom and I hope you get your bid and can surprise her back! We are so excited for this trip.  Thanks for the info.

On 7/7/2022 at 7:04 PM, StarAFire said:

Just curious, do the min bids change as you get closer to sail date?  Or are they just different by sailing?  e.g. If I were to bid from inside to balcony it says min is $100pp, but meanwhile I saw above someone bid $80.  Thx

I am curious about this as well… anyone who knows more?

Will bids be accepted in order to backfill people in higher categories who tested COVID positive?  Or is that process basically all over 48 hours before the cruise?  

The question's moot after August 1st, but it's not August 1st yet.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:26 PM, rbxlady said:

On the Getaway from October 22-29, 2022 (7-day Eastern Caribbean from Port Canaveral), the ranges, at least for me, are:

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom & Large Balcony (H7) $760-$2500

Honestly, I don't know if those bids are higher/lower depending on your currently booked cabin category. It makes sense to me that, if you're already in the Haven, your bid range to upgrade to a penthouse should be less than mine from a club balcony suite. But maybe that's not the case, I don't know.

I just upgraded from a club balcony to a penthouse with large balcony on the Encore for $2500. Not bidding, just paid for it. Just curious what the bids were going for. 

25 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I just upgraded from a club balcony to a penthouse with large balcony on the Encore for $2500. Not bidding, just paid for it. Just curious what the bids were going for. 

What sailing? i called CAS last week and upgrade was going to be $12000.00 August AK sailing. 

On 7/8/2022 at 3:26 PM, rbxlady said:

Interesting that the aft balconies are less. We’re on the 10 day cruise when yours ends. Have not seen any offers yet. We’re booked in a regular aft balcony now and I would only bid on an aft Haven. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NayRN said:

Note that my actual question was what happens to the cabins vacated due to positive covid testing, which has to happen within 48 hours of sailing.  And whether our bidding process figures into that at all.