Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

Fyi, currently on Joy, checked in and went to assigned inside cabin.  Used to be upgrade bids were accepted/declined and guest was informed 2 days before sailing.

Surprised that at 1:57 pm an email from NCL informed me my balcony bid was accepted!  Coincided with a knock on the door with a letter confirming bid accepted with new cabin assignment!

So even after check-in you can still get the news!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

Fyi, currently on Joy, checked in and went to assigned inside cabin.  Used to be upgrade bids were accepted/declined and guest was informed 2 days before sailing.

Surprised that at 1:57 pm an email from NCL informed me my balcony bid was accepted!  Coincided with a knock on the door with a letter confirming bid accepted with new cabin assignment!

Very cool! I didn't know that was a thing, congrats! I've been following your cruise and it looks like it's been beautiful. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, snorklinbarb said:

What a wonderful surprise.  Congrats!

1 hour ago, Aoifegma said:

Yes all of the Haven is sold out for our cruise however we were offered 5 rooms options in the Haven as part of our upgrade bidding!

Yea they still offer upgrades even if sold out, but unless someone cancels their cruise I wouldn’t bet on winning a bid 

• Like 1

spacer
Norwegian Cruise Line Upgrade
spacer Onboard Upgrades spacer

This email is to confirm that we have received your offer(s) to be upgraded on your upcoming cruise. While your offer has not been selected yet, you may still be selected for an upgrade by our onboard team.

Upgrades may be awarded at any time up until 0 hours prior to the sailing departure. Should your offer be selected for an onboard upgrade, your credit card will be automatically charged, and your stateroom will be reassigned. Please check your email up to 0 hours prior to the sailing departure to see if we were able to upgrade you.

If you no longer wish to be considered for an onboard upgrade, you may cancel your offer(s) through the link provided below up until 5 hours prior to the sailing departure, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Norwegian Cruise Line, and provided that your credit card has not been charged.

Your upcoming cruise

Reservation
Ship and Sail Date:

Summary of your offer(s):

Upgrade To Offer Total Offer  

modify / cancel (up until 24 hours before scheduled departure, or until your offer is accepted)

(Note: Prices shown are in US Dollars.)

What happens if I’m upgraded before my cruise?

• We will notify you via email and your credit card will be charged in your booking currency for the specific upgrade offer that is accepted.
  • When you log into My NCL you will see your new stateroom number, which has been assigned based on availability.

What happens if I'm upgraded on day of sailing?

• We will notify you via email and your credit card will be charged in your booking currency for the specific upgrade offer that is accepted. If the first payment attempt is declined, the upgrade amount will be automatically charged to your onboard account in USD, subject to the Foreign Exchange rate at that time.
  • You may stop by the Guest Services Desk to receive your updated stateroom number and pick up your new key card.

If you are not upgraded, you will keep the stateroom that you already have. You will not be billed for any additional amounts.

Good luck! Please remember that each offer on a stateroom is considered its own offer and is considered independently of one another. Only 1 offer will be accepted depending on availability and if you have submitted a winning bid.

Most bids are evaluated between 14 and 0 days before sailing. We'll notify you via email if your offer is accepted!

We look forward to welcoming you aboard.
Norwegian Cruise Line

This is what the "current" email from NCL looked like if there is still a chance that your submitted bid might be accepted until the day of embarkation (i.e. last minute cancellation, no-show, someone else (unfortunately, for whatever reasons) unable to cruise and get onboard for a sailing, etc.  

This, looks like, the decision(s) are made by the onboard NCL team - as stated above - and out of the hands of the "outside contractor/vendor" handling the bidding ... 

For this particular cruise / ship / date - it appeared Haven is sold out, but club "suites", balconies and oceanviews remained available for last minute acceptance.  

On 9/7/2022 at 4:57 PM, diathoney said:

You call the spa representatives.  I had originally booked a spa pass, but my cruise is very port intensive, so decided to cancel. I tried the chat and was told to I had to call and cancel.  The money was refunded in bits and pieces about $36 at a time over 3 months 🙂

Just wondering, how long before sailing were you able to cancel the pass? Online it seems to suggest the refund policy of anything we buy online is the same as the booking itself, meaning not refundable after final payment. 

10 minutes ago, greg_atlanta said:

I placed a low bid (slightly above minimum) to upgrade from inside to oceanview on Spirit Alaska sailing Sept 21 (5 days from now) and still haven't heard anything -- even though I hear the recent Alaska Spirit sailings are well below capacity.

My last few bids i have one was notified about 4 days prior. Check your status on the bids, if all have expired and one saying Pending that will be the one you win. Will go from Pending to processing rather quickly like a few hours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greg_atlanta said:

I placed a low bid (slightly above minimum) to upgrade from inside to oceanview on Spirit Alaska sailing Sept 21 (5 days from now) and still haven't heard anything -- even though I hear the recent Alaska Spirit sailings are well below capacity.

You still have a great chance looking at inventory on a website I use that shows cabins including above 15 per category I see 77 currently available in the various ocean view categories, didn’t look at all of balconies as well but in the BA category alone their were 42 left, I would say they just haven’t done the upgrade process yet could even be next Monday or Tuesday before they do. Happy sailing.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 11:35 AM, snorklinbarb said:

The same thing happened to us!  We were all checked in and had dropped our carry ons in the original cabin.  Went to change a dinner reservation and they had us in a 2BR Haven!  We screamed our lungs out.  Wonderful trip and our first time in the Haven.  Will be hard to ever go back!

Edited by Russiamomm
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, greg_atlanta said:

My parents are currently on the Spirit and they only had 900 on this week so there is still hope I would say.  When I got my upgrade for BOS to Bermuda in April I only found out about 4 days from sailing.  

Good luck

• Like 1

8 hours ago, greg_atlanta said:

We’re on this sailing and we’re notified our bid was successful about four hours ago

Edited by Aladdin22
Omitted a word

2 hours ago, Aladdin22 said:

We’re on this sailing and we’re notified our bid was successful about four hours ago

Thanks, I booked inside sailaway traveling solo so I'm sure I'll be at the end of the list.  I guess the upgrade system is cool if capacity is tight, but if the ship is half full then they should give everyone a balcony for free!  😁   I don't mind the lower deck balcony at the front of the ship which probably get splashed in high seas.

Only my 2nd time on NCL but I wear by brown bag (aka bronze) status proudly!

My adult daughter is sailing with my hubby and I this Oct on the Dawn,  out of Southampton, around Spain. We booked a Club Balcony and are happy with this. Since this is her 1st time in her own room, she booked an inside cabin, right across the hall from us. (She suffers from significant anxiety issues)
She decided to go bold and bid for an upgrade to a club balcony suite (there are quite a lot still open as far as I can tell) since they are on the same floor as our cabin.   These are the only cabins that she would bid on since the other balcony cabins could be on other floors. 
She did not bid a a high amount - in the red, I am not sure she will get it but this is new territory for us.
Any ideas if she has a chance and when we would find out?

8 minutes ago, krittykat said:

My adult daughter is sailing with my hubby and I this Oct on the Dawn,  out of Southampton, around Spain. We booked a Club Balcony and are happy with this. Since this is her 1st time in her own room, she booked an inside cabin, right across the hall from us. (She suffers from significant anxiety issues)
She decided to go bold and bid for an upgrade to a club balcony suite (there are quite a lot still open as far as I can tell) since they are on the same floor as our cabin.   These are the only cabins that she would bid on since the other balcony cabins could be on other floors. 
She did not bid a a high amount - in the red, I am not sure she will get it but this is new territory for us.

I've seen countless people get upgraded with bare minimum bids. (including myself with near minimum bids) It really depends on the supply and demand. Hope she gets it! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, krittykat said:

Almost all bids are awarded 3 to 5 days out, the key is to just have patience and monitor inventory added more money thus far from sail  date won’t get you the upgrade faster patience and if inventory is low hopefully she will hear a few days before sailing 

21 minutes ago, danny6514 said:

I've seen countless people get upgraded with bare minimum bids. (including myself with near minimum bids) It really depends on the supply and demand. Hope she gets it! 

21 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Almost all bids are awarded 3 to 5 days out, the key is to just have patience and monitor inventory added more money thus far from sail  date won’t get you the upgrade faster patience and if inventory is low hopefully she will hear a few days before sailing 

thanks!! If she gets it, it would be a nice bonus for her - extra room, a balcony, etc. If not, she is always welcome in our cabin (which is what we were originally planning) 
Keeping fingers crossed for the upgrade fairy for her. 

13 hours ago, krittykat said:

Kritycat with you saying she has anxiety issues please make sure she is aware that even though right now the open rooms are on your floor if somebody cancels or receives an upgrade that category room on a different floor there is a chance she could end up with that room. Just giving you the heads up so her cruise doesnt end up ruined due to room selection.

5 hours ago, flcraigs5 said:

Kritycat with you saying she has anxiety issues please make sure she is aware that even though right now the open rooms are on your floor if somebody cancels or receives an upgrade that category room on a different floor there is a chance she could end up with that room. Just giving you the heads up so her cruise doesnt end up ruined due to room selection.

This doesn't apply on the Dawn. ALL Club Balcony Suites are on the same deck.

1 hour ago, peg013 said:

This doesn't apply on the Dawn. ALL Club Balcony Suites are on the same deck.

7 hours ago, flcraigs5 said:

She only bid on a Club Balcony Suite - those are all on the 11th floor on the Dawn.  She did not bid on a regular balcony, just because of this reason.  They would not accept her bid for a Club Balcony Suite, only to put her in a regular balcony cabin. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Sailing Pride of America 24 Sept. Upgrade from inside to Balcony for $160 Australian dollars. Please note ship sailing at 40% capacity.

I just ran that through Google, and that’s just under $108USD at the current exchange rate. I thought that looked pretty good even at 1:1 AUD to USD, but wow, what a deal.

Enjoy your cruise!