Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 11/7/2022 at 4:23 PM, Pieson said:

What are haven bids Looking like these days. Going on 7 day on escape in January 

how aggressive have bids been? I got haven upgrade end of last year with minimum bid, but feel things have changed a lot since then 

We were on the Getaway from 10/22-10/29, and the bids from club balcony w/large balcony into the Haven started at around $1500pp to get into the Haven. We ended up upgrading ourselves to a 2BR Haven suite when the price came down to what our bid was for that cabin category, and afterwards, my upgrade page updated to show minimum bids of $750pp to upgrade from the 2BR to the DOS and $800pp to upgrade to the DOS w/large balcony. Since we preferred to have the 2BR over the DOS (it was me, my husband, and our two kids), we withdrew our bids, and the Haven sold out in August anyway, so nobody's bids into the Haven were accepted unless there were any last minute cancellations.

A number of people on "the other site" reported getting relatively inexpensive upgrades from balcony to club balcony or from inside/OV/studio to balcony.

4 hours ago, rbxlady said:

We were on the Getaway from 10/22-10/29, and the bids from club balcony w/large balcony into the Haven started at around $1500pp to get into the Haven. We ended up upgrading ourselves to a 2BR Haven suite when the price came down to what our bid was for that cabin category, and afterwards, my upgrade page updated to show minimum bids of $750pp to upgrade from the 2BR to the DOS and $800pp to upgrade to the DOS w/large balcony. Since we preferred to have the 2BR over the DOS (it was me, my husband, and our two kids), we withdrew our bids, and the Haven sold out in August anyway, so nobody's bids into the Haven were accepted unless there were any last minute cancellations.

A number of people on "the other site" reported getting relatively inexpensive upgrades from balcony to club balcony or from inside/OV/studio to balcony.

What is the "other site" I've been looking for data points on recent upgrades on a upcoming cruise and cannot find much

I have a question on upgrade bids into the Haven that doesn't seem to be covered in the fine print.  Before someone mentions it, I did ask the agent I booked the cruise with but haven't heard back yet. I also like hearing from people's actual experiences.

Do you get ALL the Haven amenities - specifically the Haven restaurant?  The bid FAQs/fine print say you keep all the perks you had originally for your current room.  It also says you get access to the Haven courtyard.  While that is nice and all - and the extra space in the room would be wonderful for 3 adults in the same room - I would love to be able to have surf & turf in the Haven and the indisputable higher quality food overall .  I miss when NCL had lobster night...I digress.

Currently in Stateroom: 12226 (Club Balcony Suite: MB) on the Joy leaving on Nov 19 to Bermuda and will be perfectly happy to stay in that room.  However, if I can get The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HG) for an extra $500 (total - that would be a bit over the min bid per person for the first two in the room) it seems crazy not to.

Thanks in advance!

23 minutes ago, jenn117 said:

I have a question on upgrade bids into the Haven that doesn't seem to be covered in the fine print.  Before someone mentions it, I did ask the agent I booked the cruise with but haven't heard back yet. I also like hearing from people's actual experiences.

Do you get ALL the Haven amenities - specifically the Haven restaurant?  The bid FAQs/fine print say you keep all the perks you had originally for your current room.  It also says you get access to the Haven courtyard.  While that is nice and all - and the extra space in the room would be wonderful for 3 adults in the same room - I would love to be able to have surf & turf in the Haven and the indisputable higher quality food overall .  I miss when NCL had lobster night...I digress.

Currently in Stateroom: 12226 (Club Balcony Suite: MB) on the Joy leaving on Nov 19 to Bermuda and will be perfectly happy to stay in that room.  However, if I can get The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HG) for an extra $500 (total - that would be a bit over the min bid per person for the first two in the room) it seems crazy not to.

Thanks in advance!

The answer is yes to the restaurant but no the mini bid or even a higher bid won’t get you any havens on this cruise.  Did you check inventory, I did your cruise is sold out of all haven categories you can sure bid but your chances of winning the power ball are probably better.  Happy sailing.

51 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

The answer is yes to the restaurant but no the mini bid or even a higher bid won’t get you any havens on this cruise.  Did you check inventory, I did your cruise is sold out of all haven categories you can sure bid but your chances of winning the power ball are probably better.  Happy sailing.

I had checked inventory at the time; I probably waited too long.  NCL was really pushing the upgrade bids for this cruise (more than any previous ones I had been on) and even dropped the minimum bids on many types of rooms in the Haven.
Probably best I don't get my oldest used to the Haven on their first cruise anyway. 🙂

Thanks - can't wait!

39 minutes ago, WhatshouldIsay said:

I am sure this has been asked and answered but I can't find it.  My bids currently say Pending. A few days ago that was not the case.  Does this mean anything?

They are pending immediately after you do your offer but you only see it that way in one screen 

On 11/10/2022 at 10:34 AM, WhatshouldIsay said:

I am sure this has been asked and answered but I can't find it.  My bids currently say Pending. A few days ago that was not the case.  Does this mean anything?

Where do people see their bids are “pending”? I got it the upgrade link and it just shows “update offer” or “modify/cancel other offers”. 

My cruise leaves later this week (the 20th) and I have three bids in for different rooms

EDIT: Answered my own question - if you hit “update offer” it brings you to a new screen that shows the status. All three of mine a “pending” still. 

Edited by CruiseDealSweeper

First time cruising on the NCL Joy this December and wanted to get an idea of the upgrade process.  I booked in Oct of 2022 and about a week later get the email to upgrade cabin. I booked a Balcony room  because I am new to cruising and am pretty sure I get sea sick if I can recall from an old whale watching trip in my late teens  (havent been on a boat in awhile) I really wanted to put myself in the best situation to have a good trip.  I decided last night to pull the trigger on the upgrade since it was showing a lower price for the Haven. I put in a bid for 

image.png.b6090d1d31d37e25c10d0a5522142ce5.png

Starting bid dropped a lot from the OG offer I received - its now at 300PP and 400PP for the PH Fwd Facing balcony and I went a little above for each however still in the "Poor" section. When I check the sailing there is about 17 open Haven cabins still.  Cruise is about 34 days out.  Im wondering if I should up all these to the same amount since I would be okay with any of them. Maybe up the offer on all to my max i'm wiling to spend?! WWYD?

Also Please send some good mojo my way as well! would love to experience the Haven for our first cruise and for our Xmas holiday!

5 hours ago, Tee0213 said:

First time cruising on the NCL Joy this December and wanted to get an idea of the upgrade process.  I booked in Oct of 2022 and about a week later get the email to upgrade cabin. I booked a Balcony room  because I am new to cruising and am pretty sure I get sea sick if I can recall from an old whale watching trip in my late teens  (havent been on a boat in awhile) I really wanted to put myself in the best situation to have a good trip.  I decided last night to pull the trigger on the upgrade since it was showing a lower price for the Haven. I put in a bid for 

image.png.b6090d1d31d37e25c10d0a5522142ce5.png

Starting bid dropped a lot from the OG offer I received - its now at 300PP and 400PP for the PH Fwd Facing balcony and I went a little above for each however still in the "Poor" section. When I check the sailing there is about 17 open Haven cabins still.  Cruise is about 34 days out.  Im wondering if I should up all these to the same amount since I would be okay with any of them. Maybe up the offer on all to my max i'm wiling to spend?! WWYD?

Also Please send some good mojo my way as well! would love to experience the Haven for our first cruise and for our Xmas holiday!

Good luck with 34 days out there is only 2 left in Category HG, and upping/lowering your bid at 34 days out makes no difference since almost all bids are not processed until 5 days or even less prior to sailing, I would suggest seeing how much more it is to pay to just upgrade, or expand your bids to at least a few other categories, and continue to check availability what you will find though is historically every Thursday or Friday they lower the haven categories close to sailing I doubt with 17 left at 34 days by the time bidding comes around their will be any available other than maybe a select few which will go at food or better bids, happy sailing

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

Has anyone made a minimum bid that was excepted & if so what was your bid & what did you go from & to?

Tom🤔

Yes, but it really doesn’t mean anything, each and every sailing the inventory and algorithms are different you need to do the research and check inventory and bid accordingly and sometimes it’s just cheaper to upgrade directly close to sailing.  Happy sailing 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 7:59 PM, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Good luck with 34 days out there is only 2 left in Category HG, and upping/lowering your bid at 34 days out makes no difference since almost all bids are not processed until 5 days or even less prior to sailing, I would suggest seeing how much more it is to pay to just upgrade, or expand your bids to at least a few other categories, and continue to check availability what you will find though is historically every Thursday or Friday they lower the haven categories close to sailing I doubt with 17 left at 34 days by the time bidding comes around their will be any available other than maybe a select few which will go at food or better bids, happy sailing

Thanks for your insight. Think ill just check what the upgrade cost is right now and if it works it works - maybe check again if anything is still there closer to sailing. Keeping my fingers crossed. Luckily I at least booked my Balcony so anything more is just a plus!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruiseDealSweeper said:

Anyone get an upgrade come in yet for a cruise starting this weekend Nov 19th or 20th? I’m assuming most US cruises are going to be pretty packed with Thanksgiving week so curious if anyone has received an upgrade yet? 

My three offers are still “pending”. Cruise leaves Sunday

Interesting what may happen with the huge snowstorms that are predicted for the northeast this weekend. Our chances for an upgrade might be greater if people can"t get to the port!

I waited to long . My upgrade just became a downgrade and now im locked out .. From a BC balcony to an Aft facing B1 . The B1 now cheaper than the BC ,  I hate this system .  Id have to cancel and rebook but only 54 days out so would get killed with penalties/perks  ... Argggg  

I want the old days back were they would just slide you over .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Worth a phone call to see how much for a direct upgrade. Sometimes it can be much lower than bids and you can get it secured today. 

I did a mock booking just now and its around 600 different which will be higher than my bid, still not bad. Unless they offer me a better price over the phone, maybe ill try it just to see.