Wine with Premium Beverage Package

pbb

On 9/3/2021 at 5:43 PM, Northern Aurora said:

I have to ask -- are you primarily drinking reds or whites?  We enjoy reds, and if a decent malbec is in stock can make do.  During pre-covid times we spent 60 to 90 days on Celebrity ships so are familiar with what was generally onboard.  

We drink mostly reds.  We had the Malbec they were serving.  It was drinkable, but again, in our opinion, not one of the best. 

14 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

We drink mostly reds.  We had the Malbec they were serving.  It was drinkable, but again, in our opinion, not one of the best. 

Thanks so much for the feedback.  We will decide to be happy to be back on a ship again and "go with the flow."

• Like 1

Do you find a sommelier helpful if you are not an expert but are knowledgeable about wine?  I tend to switch from white to red.  And when I refill i often like to try something different at least until I've tried everything.  I had to remind the staff to ask me what I wanted instead of refilling.  Have only been on one X cruise.

24 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Do you find a sommelier helpful if you are not an expert but are knowledgeable about wine?  I tend to switch from white to red.  And when I refill i often like to try something different at least until I've tried everything.  I had to remind the staff to ask me what I wanted instead of refilling.  Have only been on one X cruise.

Absolutely yes. Some are better than others, but DW has enjoyed the recommendations and service from the sommeliers.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2021 at 3:07 PM, zitsky said:

We had no trouble getting tastes of anything served by the glass anywhere we ate on Summit last month (and sometimes had a many as three in front of us). That's a good way to try the list, although I will admit that a glass of each ain't a bad way to go, either. 😃

Recently off the Edge  ..Luminae and Retreat lounge had pinot grigio that was horrific!! the servers knew and tried to find bottles of "drinkable" pinot grigio but it was tough.. VERY VERY disappointed with the choice of pinot grigio.. was headache cheap city.. both in luminaie and the retreat..

9 hours ago, Brookefairway said:

Recently off the Edge  ..Luminae and Retreat lounge had pinot grigio that was horrific!! the servers knew and tried to find bottles of "drinkable" pinot grigio but it was tough.. VERY VERY disappointed with the choice of pinot grigio.. was headache cheap city.. both in luminaie and the retreat..

I don't suppose you got the name of it?  Please don't say it was Santa Margherita?

On 9/7/2021 at 8:56 PM, Brookefairway said:

I hope they did not downgrade all the wines in Luminae and Retreat.  It has been impossible to find a wine list for those two areas.  Don't like the headaches. I don't drink the "champagne" they give you in the sky suites.  We upgraded to the Celebrity Suite, but I think it is the same stuff.  My girlfriend in another cabin drank it and got really ill.  

2 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

I hope they did not downgrade all the wines in Luminae and Retreat.  It has been impossible to find a wine list for those two areas.  Don't like the headaches. I don't drink the "champagne" they give you in the sky suites.  We upgraded to the Celebrity Suite, but I think it is the same stuff.  My girlfriend in another cabin drank it and got really ill.  

I've heard of other people getting sick with cheap wine/champagne but I don't know what causes it. I would say sulfites but that's in most wine.  Was your friend ok with other wine?

I am thinking of getting myself a better bottle for this reason.  The cheaper stuff doesn't make me sick, I just don't like it.

23 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I've heard of other people getting sick with cheap wine/champagne but I don't know what causes it. I would say sulfites but that's in most wine.  Was your friend ok with other wine?

I am thinking of getting myself a better bottle for this reason.  The cheaper stuff doesn't make me sick, I just don't like it.

She was ok with the other wine, but she is selective.  It is the welcome "champagne" that is in the room when you arrive.  We never open it.  

On 9/1/2021 at 6:58 PM, LGW59 said:

The package does not cover glasses of wine delivered to the cabin though. Unle$$ you have a special agreement with your butler.

Interesting the Celebrity Retreat info does talk about drinks in the cabin.

26 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Interesting the Celebrity Retreat info does talk about drinks in the cabin.

Yeah, I think that's just suggesting you can enjoy the drinks in your cabin, not get them delivered there. Note the way they phrase their Always Included bit (underline is mine) and you know they don't mean it like it sounds:

Now, every Celebrity cruise always includes drinks, Wi-Fi, and tips on every sailing, in every room, every time.

2 hours ago, George C said:

Decoy Cabernet is nice , covered by package.

Yes! 

At $17-20 per bottle locally, it's not even close to an everyday wine for us.   But on the ship it makes the premium package quite nice. 

5 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

Yeah, I think that's just suggesting you can enjoy the drinks in your cabin, not get them delivered there. Note the way they phrase their Always Included bit (underline is mine) and you know they don't mean it like it sounds:

Now, every Celebrity cruise always includes drinks, Wi-Fi, and tips on every sailing, in every room, every time.

Interesting. In all of our cruising, I think we've ordered room service 2 or 3x.   At least twice was the plate of' warm cookies' that the kids wanted.  I wouldn't construe the advertisement as meaning room service since room service is really a foreign concept to us that we don't take advantage of. 

But we've often brought drinks back to the room. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, D C said:

Interesting. In all of our cruising, I think we've ordered room service 2 or 3x.   At least twice was the plate of' warm cookies' that the kids wanted.  I wouldn't construe the advertisement as meaning room service since room service is really a foreign concept to us that we don't take advantage of. 

But we've often brought drinks back to the room. 

We love to get an after dinner/show Liqueur to have on our balcony to watch the beautiful moonlight on the water.  So beautiful and a great way to end the day.