Excursions

kdpatte

I have a few questions about excursions for our trip in January.   Except for one time I don't think we have ever done a ship excursion.  We have always booked our own and not from the cruise line.  

1.  How do you know if a certain port is a "bubble" port where you are only allowed to do an NCL excursion?  And who determines that....the country of the port or NCL? 

2.  Are we better off to assume all ports are "bubble" ports because it could change at any time?

3.  If I book an NCL excursion can that be cancelled and money refunded or do we lose our money if we change our mind?

cant answer #1, but  i would say yes to # 2. better to assume you can only take ncl excutsions.

and they use to allow full refund if  you cancelled the excursion 24 hrs in advance. since i havent been able to cruise since mid 2018, im not sure if thats still good info.

but i would also assume that the bubble port is at the discretion of ncl. they are the ones who are going to monitor the coming and going of their passengers for covid. they dont want people wandering off on their own and coming in contact with potentially infected local citizens 

5 hours ago, kdpatte said:

I have a few questions about excursions for our trip in January.   Except for one time I don't think we have ever done a ship excursion.  We have always booked our own and not from the cruise line.  

1.  How do you know if a certain port is a "bubble" port where you are only allowed to do an NCL excursion?  And who determines that....the country of the port or NCL? 

2.  Are we better off to assume all ports are "bubble" ports because it could change at any time?

3.  If I book an NCL excursion can that be cancelled and money refunded or do we lose our money if we change our mind?

Regarding point #1, keep checking the "Safety with ultimate freedom" section of the NCL webpage, there is a section there called "Safety Ashore" which shows that currently the only ports which require NCL excursions are in Italy. This requirement is determined by the local government and varies by country but NCL will show it there if it applies to your ports