Encore-Alaska-Oct 2nd to Oct 9th, 2021

graphicguy

36 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks….GoPro ran out of juice.  Used my iPhone.  Taken through the boat’s windows!

Good morning to you.  Just showed Mrs. Henry those whale photos and she's jealous.  She said, her Samsung Galaxy S21 should do fine as a backup and for zoomed in pictures.  Well, can't proof or confirm it, either way, till we get back to Alaska next time 😆 - and too late for 2021.  Our planned foliage trip already planned for next week is likely getting pushed back for another week due to the warm weather, up north of us.  

Amazing pictures, taken thru the windows.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Good morning to you.  Just showed Mrs. Henry those whale photos and she's jealous.  She said, her Samsung Galaxy S21 should do fine as a backup and for zoomed in pictures.  Well, can't proof or confirm it, either way, till we get back to Alaska next time 😆 - and too late for 2021.  Our planned foliage trip already planned for next week is likely getting pushed back for another week due to the warm weather, up north of us.  

Thanks!  I had heard you guys were unseasonably warm.  

Sitting on the balcony early (for here) this a.m. sipping coffee and thinking it’s about 40 degrees.  Looks like another clear day.  Going to do the “glacier turnaround” and then onto Juno!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

I'll see you in New Hampshire and Maine! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Looking forward to it.  Have heard. nOthing but great things about it!

I know NCL switches out shows every few years.  With the shutdown, I’m sure things became discombobulated.  Happy Choir of Man was assigned to our sailing!

You are confused.  Kinky Boots is the MAIN show on Encore.  Choir of Man is the secondary show.  Encore SHOULD have both shows available.  Over the last few weeks, both shows have been dark at times due to 'technical issues'.  Basically one or more of the cast tested positive for covid and protocols mandated some quarantine time.  When that happens the show cannot go on.  A few weeks ago, both shows were dark due to 'technical issues'.  It appears this week Kinky is dark again due to 'technical issues'.  It has nothing to do with switching shows every few years and everything to do with covid protocols.

The reason you have not heard about Kinky Boots is NCL isn't going to advertise a show to guests when they know it won't perform.  That would just create more frustration.

P.S.  Go see The Beatles Invasion.  It is fabulous.  It is in both the main theater and the Cavern Club, depending on the day.

Edited by Old & Retired
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FlGoodShips said:

Absolutely beautiful pictures.  Thank you. 

Could you post officers on your cruise or just take a picture of their pictures that are on the wall??

Again, thank you. 

Thanks!

If I run across the pics, I will.  There is a pic of them when I posted them gathered at the Latitudes party!

45 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

GF told me about Kinky Boots just now.  Cindy Lauper, right?  Not a fan.  Think I’ll enjoy Choir of Man, more!

We were able to go up on the stage and drink before the show and after for Choir of Man. Unfortunately I don't see that happening now : ( 

• Like 1

That’s great you got out to the bow for a while. So did we.  It didn’t seem heavily advertised so it wasn’t too crowded but afforded great views.  Observation Lounge on Glacier Bay day was pretty crowded - can’t imagine on a full sailing.  Also really enjoyed them handing out adult coffees along the waterfront.  😎

• Like 4

One of our favorite areas on an NCL ship…the WATERFRONT….drinking outside, among snow covered mountains, in the sunshine….while in Alaska…..bucket list items this entire trip!

We’re not wine aficionados, but looks like a wine tasting to me…

CEE54826-9F89-4F3E-89D7-FB9FA00B86F5.jpeg

906F5470-0FA5-45BA-A625-7F938CF4ABAD.jpeg

906B2E63-7645-4097-9DDD-B3A2EAAE471E.jpeg

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, JCDCA said:

That’s great you got out to the bow for a while. So did we.  It didn’t seem heavily advertised so it wasn’t too crowded but afforded great views.  Observation Lounge on Glacier Bay day was pretty crowded - can’t imagine on a full sailing.  Also really enjoyed them handing out adult coffees along the waterfront.  😎

There was an ebb and flow to the bow watching Glacier Bay.  We were out there about an hour.  People took pics on one side, then left.  Once the ship turned, more people showed up, and then left again.

You are right…not heavily advertised.  The Rangers/Naturalists were on the bow and in the Observation Lounge explaining what we were seeing and the significance of it all.

Really great having them as a resource!

Plenty of seats in the Observation Lounge.  We just parked ourselves at the bar because that afforded is a 270 degree view of everything.  But, we could have had a couch and/or a table if we wanted.

It’s been great.  Actually, no reservations required to do anything.  

When they start sailing at full capacity, I’m sure all that changes!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

How were you dressed?  Sweater, jacket, scarf, hat, gloves……..?

Pretty warm outside as it was sunny.  Had a hoodie sweatshirt and jeans on.  Used the hood.  No gloves but had a pouch on my sweatshirt I used if my hands were chillly.  I was comfortable!

But, crew said our weather was unusual because it’s been sunny the whole time.  

Usually it has been chilly and rainy!

We’ve lucked out…big time!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Talked to a couple of crew…..2 more Alaska sailings after this one.  Then, off to the Caribbean!

That’s good to hear! We are on the Nov. 14th Encore cruise and at the time of booking, it was the first Caribbean sailing. Would Love to get some feedback, regarding shows, ports and happenings , prior to sailing! Can anyone that is booked earlier confirm the sailings?

Beautiful photos! Thanks for taking the time to share, I may be closer to convincing my husband to try a cruise to Alaska.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cafevita said:

That’s good to hear! We are on the Nov. 14th Encore cruise and at the time of booking, it was the first Caribbean sailing. Would Love to get some feedback, regarding shows, ports and happenings , prior to sailing! Can anyone that is booked earlier confirm the sailings?

Beautiful photos! Thanks for taking the time to share, I may be closer to convincing my husband to try a cruise to Alaska.

You’ll love the ship.   Caribbean can’t be a bad thing in November.

• Like 2