Encore-Alaska-Oct 2nd to Oct 9th, 2021

graphicguy

10 hours ago, graphicguy said:

No reservations (again), walked right up to Food Republic and seated immediately.  Sounding like a broken record, but food was OUTSTANDING…

51FAD387-63F9-43DF-B271-DA319FE6BF22.jpeg

429B04BF-2D9B-442A-911F-BFF028EF58B0.jpeg

We were on the Escape a few years back and never managed to make it here. Going to make it a point to do so in November out of Miami!  Can you tell me what we're looking at in your photos?  Food sure looks great!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tripleboom said:

We were on the Escape a few years back and never managed to make it here. Going to make it a point to do so in November out of Miami!  Can you tell me what we're looking at in your photos?  Food sure looks great!

Sure…top pic is sushi topped with crispy shrimp, bottom is beef skewers seasoned with just slight heat, and a shrimp noodle bowl.  All were wonderful!  Green tea cake was for desert but we ate it before I could take a pic.  
Used one of our specialty dining choices.  

You pick any 4 items on the menu as your choices!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Have been looking for the pic of officers.  Nowhere to be found.  One crew stated in the “crew only” area.

Look at the bottom  of the stairs going into the Atrium near the forward elevators.   Should be between the restrooms and the corridor into the Atrium.

Well, after spending a couple of hours in our cabin, we ventured out.  Not fun.  Although, we were prepared….waterproof boots, pants, coats. Etc!

Ketchikan……ummmmm….not worth trekking through the cold and rain.  Not complying….the rest of our weather was great. All week!!!!!!

4F78A219-5C39-4F1F-8130-C05B10BEC243.jpeg

4ACA202E-AB2C-4FF0-91EA-3B1B4A8240F0.jpeg

29EC6B83-8157-478B-857A-F36EC96C0121.jpeg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, JCDCA said:

Well if you want to actually see Ketchikan you need to hop a bus the 7 miles into town.  NCL now docks well outside of town.  

Yeah….it’s so miserable out that we’ve retreated to our standby of the Observation Lounge for snacks and drinks!

B2B2F1C9-8849-43AA-9DB8-A9E11A1AEEE3.jpeg

59E60273-8662-4FD0-B25C-F72FE6D6230C.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Yeah….it’s so miserable out that we’ve retreated to our standby of the Observation Lounge for snacks and drinks!

B2B2F1C9-8849-43AA-9DB8-A9E11A1AEEE3.jpeg

59E60273-8662-4FD0-B25C-F72FE6D6230C.jpeg

Fabulous! Hope you have a great sea day tomorrow. Did you make up your mind about staying on board another week?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

Fabulous! Hope you have a great sea day tomorrow. Did you make up your mind about staying on board another week?

Yeah…prices are good, about the same as this week.  We thought if prices were 20% less than this week, we’d pull the trigger.

Plus, aside from today, I don’t think we could have asked for better weather than we’ve had.

GF wants to save vacation time for the Holidays, too!

In short, we didn’t pull the trigger!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Yeah…prices are good, about the same as this week.  We thought if prices were 20% less than this week, we’d pull the trigger.

Plus, aside from today, I don’t think we could have asked for better weather than we’ve had.

Boooo!!!

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Excellent decision and yes, your weather, other than today, was the best in many weeks on this itinerary.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Well, after spending a couple of hours in our cabin, we ventured out.  Not fun.  Although, we were prepared….waterproof boots, pants, coats. Etc!  Ketchikan……ummmmm….not worth trekking through the cold and rain.  Not complying….the rest of our weather was great. All week!!!!!!

29EC6B83-8157-478B-857A-F36EC96C0121.jpeg

Amazing pictures, been enjoying & sharing them ... keeping them coming, although time flies for a 7 nights cruise.  You return air reservations can be changed on a dime without penalty or fees, that would be sweet on Delta ... had you squeeze & decided to do a B2B.  

Is this warehouse style gift shop operations setup by Diamonds International on behalf/in partnership with NCL 🤣 ... I remember stumbling onto their local stores roaming thru our stops, they're everywhere, LOL.   

Off-topics: as for foliage (still short sleeve weather here in NYC) - approaching peak colors further northeast in NH, Maine & sections of Vermont - planned stays in NY going up the Hudson River scenic route; and,  by early next week, based on latest field spotter reports - beautiful colors & shades in the Adirondacks.  Our lodging in Lake George & Saratoga Springs, a bit south and now approaching 35% ... probably going to bump our hotel bookings by a few days - should nail it at 75% to peak colors.  Those Fall cruises to New England & Canada this Fall, had they sailed and with borders open, would be too early to see much, if any.  

BTW, by now - I am sure you've heard, seen & read - that NCL has announced that the entire fleet will be returning to cruising by next April.  CruiseNext desks must be buzzing onboard ... 

• Like 1

@mking8288….figured the colors are going crazy up your way about now.  

We were talking over dinner (again, just walked up to Cagney’s and seated immediately) about how quickly this went, yet how much we packed into our trip so far.

The Ketchikan “warehouse” shopping area is just sad….especially given the rest of what we’ve experienced so far.  We both agreed that it would have been better to just offer a direct shuttle to the town rather than to offer the warehouse area.

Interestingly, there was a very nice, matronly lady  playing keyboards and singing in the warehouse.  BLESS HER, she was really giving it her best.

She took a break and we asked her about Ketchikan town area.  Her response was perfect…”all I can tell you is it’s ‘a place’….kind of summed it up.

Still, glad we were able to talk to a few of the residents of Ketchikan and hear their experiences.  That was the highlight of stopping there.

And yes, Cruise Next is rocking.

Speaking of rocking, we’re sailing against a head wind and the waters are rolling!

Cagney’s was so good earlier, we’re headed there now for the last of our 4 Specialty Dinners tonight!  

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Got off on the wrong deck this a.m. and found the Medical Center by accident.  Looks like examination rooms/isolation rooms if needed!

38E6A980-CB04-4EDC-81DF-E308F9A10D82.jpeg

The refrigerated morgue is at the end of the hall on the right in case it's needed.  I envy you a little for being on the ship but I imagine the existential dread of it being your last day is like the weight of 100 Sundays.

Edited by ProblemCruiser
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1