Rccl now requires a covid19 test within 2 days of sailing!

DJChick

2 hours ago, scchase said:

We are in the same boat with kids testing, not sure it is even possible at this time and will likely have to cancel, we first booked in 2019 and keep having to push things back but not sure what to do with 32 days to sail. Do they send updated policies before the cruise or do I just have to go with what is on the RCCL site? Heck still waiting for check in at this point despite getting an email 2 weeks ago saying we could check in but still not working.

Call around and find a lab that does it in house.  We did the antigen test, both booked at CVS.  But my wife's was cancelled due to "temporary closure".  We did it on different days due to work schedule.

Anyway, called around and found a certified lab that did both test types in house and promised quick turnaround.  Price was "reasonable" ($60 for PCR, $45 for antigen).

don't give up!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lynnber said:

This whole thing is kinda nerve-wracking. I know I could pay the $70 for two tests, but I can get them for free at the park. I took one (PCR) last Friday at 4:00 PM and got results Sunday at 6:00 AM, which would be perfect. BUT, what if they don't come in as fast next time? Auuuuugggghhh. 

Cruising on Adventure, Friday the 17th. I guess I'll bite the bullet and purchase, but it just seems like a new revenue stream.

I can't see how Royal is profiting from the tests. We have purchased from two different merchants on line and neither purchase had anything to do with cruising. Just made a third purchase of 6 yesterday from EMed and only two are for our pre-test cruise.

8 hours ago, lynnber said:

This whole thing is kinda nerve-wracking. I know I could pay the $70 for two tests, but I can get them for free at the park. I took one (PCR) last Friday at 4:00 PM and got results Sunday at 6:00 AM, which would be perfect. BUT, what if they don't come in as fast next time? Auuuuugggghhh. 

Cruising on Adventure, Friday the 17th. I guess I'll bite the bullet and purchase, but it just seems like a new revenue stream.

2 hours ago, ryano said:

I could be wrong and have been before but I honestly think they don't want kids to cruise right now and this is a way of discouraging it. Tighten the restrictions to make it about impossible. A two day PCR requirement is absurd and IS pretty much impossible. They know that 

I saw  a "rapid" PCR offered with results in 12 hours ( that seems NOT rapid) at a cost of $175 when I was in NYC recently. That's a bit pricey; I did read on one of these boards that some US  airports are offering it as well; I have seen it in foreign airports but not in the states so far. I can't imagine paying 175 per child for the tests. I believe you are correct about the kids.

20 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Lighten up, Francis, a moment of levity under the current circumstances is necessary, and appreciated by most.

My post count isn't nearly as important to me, as apparently yours is to you.

not all all but I see so many unkind stupid useless comments.

Like calling me Francis.  Whatever dude  your comment was silly

13 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Doesn't your post just add  to YOUR count?😜

I don't make stupid comments about picking nose and driving.  Had to call them out on it.

My count is low for the being a 4 year veteran.  And I do not post things like "following"  

Bah Bye now

16 hours ago, ryano said:

A two day PCR requirement is absurd and IS pretty much impossible. They know that 

The PCR tests for kids remained at 3 day because it takes longer to receive the results.

It was just the vaccinated that had theirs changed to 2 day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You could pad you post count very nicely if you call out all who make such comments - no shortage of them.

well I notice you do a very good job of that like sending folks over to other threads because you found their question repetitive.     These threads are for everybody and I do greatly limit my call outs.  

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I notice you do a very good job of that like sending folks over to other threads because you found their question repetitive.

Lack of searching by posters is a somewhat different issue.

Biker, who misses merging mods.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Lack of searching by posters is a somewhat different issue.

Biker, who misses merging mods.

yea about searching.  it is not very good.  I can find things on Yahoo faster than on CC search engine.

Yes I miss the mod and wonder why he won't come back now that he has moved.

Hi All

We did get our test kits today, all 8 of them 😞 I only need 2 for us. So if anyone wants to purchase one or more, please let me know. 

I will be in Seattle Sat Sun Mon 9-11, 12th and 13th. And can meet up, or once we're home after the 20th can ship them via UPS. 

Please let me know. 

Thanks!

Binax test.PNG

IMG_4865.jpg

17 minutes ago, cruising in mn said:

Hi All

We did get our test kits today, all 8 of them 😞 I only need 2 for us. So if anyone wants to purchase one or more, please let me know. 

I will be in Seattle Sat Sun Mon 9-11, 12th and 13th. And can meet up, or once we're home after the 20th can ship them via UPS. 

Please let me know. 

Thanks!

Binax test.PNG

IMG_4865.jpg

Curious what are the expiration dates?

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

not all all but I see so many unkind stupid useless comments.

Like calling me Francis.  Whatever dude  your comment was silly

"lighten up Francis" is a line from a movie, not a derogatory comment

Picking your nose while driving was a retort to another user making a joke about testing "in transit" to the port, we are all having fun here, ...except for you, evidently

really, lighten up, life is WAY too short

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cruising in mn said:

Good question! They explained to me that although the kits say they expire in October, they are good for one year from the date they were created. So the expiration is Feb 2022 🙂 

Capture.PNG

Also got this from emed this morning.. 

The BinaxNow COVID-19 test kits were originally made in a bulk a in early 2021 and was approved for testing by the FDA under the EUA (Emergency Use Authorization).  All of the test kits have and expiration date of September or October 2021.  The test kit's expiration date has since been extended for an additional 3 months by the FDA until the end of December 2021 or January 2022.  We currently do not have any newer kits in our possession at this time. We do not have an option to send you "newer" test kits.

With that being said, we can offer you to return the package for a full refund or you can keep the kits you have, to use at a later time.  It is possible the FDA may grant another extension, and we are currently waiting to see if that happens.  Once it does, we will communicate it to our customers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, cruising in mn said:

Good question! They explained to me that although the kits say they expire in October, they are good for one year from the date they were created. So the expiration is Feb 2022 🙂 

Capture.PNG

Wouldn’t the new expiration date be 12/27/21 (1 year from date made). 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

"lighten up Francis" is a line from a movie, not a derogatory comment

Picking your nose while driving was a retort to another user making a joke about testing "in transit" to the port, we are all having fun here, ...except for you, evidently

really, lighten up, life is WAY too short

excuse me for not knowing about that line from a movie.

still say the original comment was disgusting and in bad taste.  Easy to be so behind a keyboard huh??

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

excuse me for not knowing about that line from a movie.

still say the original comment was disgusting and in bad taste.  Easy to be so behind a keyboard huh??

The keyboard has nothing to do with it, I am a jovial fun loving guy in person as well, get over it, more people found it humorous than had an issue with it, it WAS funny..........the visual of a guy driving to the port, swabbing his nose with a Q-tip, so that his Covid test results were timely-HILARIOUS

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The keyboard has nothing to do with it, I am a jovial fun loving guy in person as well, get over it, more people found it humorous than had an issue with it, it WAS funny..........the visual of a guy driving to the port, swabbing his nose with a Q-tip, so that his Covid test results were timely-HILARIOUS

Again for the last time, I thought your comment was disgusting and not needed.  

Taking a covid test while driving is stupid.  to compare to picking a nose just to get a laugh was tacky in my opinion.     My my what anyone can and has said on keyboards all over the internet is amazing.

18 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

Call around and find a lab that does it in house.  We did the antigen test, both booked at CVS.  But my wife's was cancelled due to "temporary closure".  We did it on different days due to work schedule.

don't give up!

Some CVS only have 1 nurse assigned and if he or she calls in sick they close.

What is also scary is that in the NE a large number of Walgreens did not get enough supplies of medicine and other things.  So they could also be having issues

I do have to wonder with the increase in testing for cruising and everywhere else, will we start to see shortages.  

Also I wonder when other companies will emerge beside emed because for tele testing.  Why should they be the only game in town?

Next I am hoping is that you could go to your own doctor with a test and have them view and sign off.

4 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Some CVS only have 1 nurse assigned and if he or she calls in sick they close.

What is also scary is that in the NE a large number of Walgreens did not get enough supplies of medicine and other things.  So they could also be having issues

I do have to wonder with the increase in testing for cruising and everywhere else, will we start to see shortages.  

Also I wonder when other companies will emerge beside emed because for tele testing.  Why should they be the only game in town?

Next I am hoping is that you could go to your own doctor with a test and have them view and sign off.

We got cancelled from CVS AND Walgreens! Optum also sells the kits. They are all made by Abbot, so its Abbot with the only game in town 🙂

They did specifically say no Dr notes, but gosh, I'd hope they'd reconsider that as well.. It was so hard for us to get tested, then to get the kits in time, or get them at all, and now we have too many.. not a bad problem to have though, I'm not complaining one bit. 

Time will tell I guess, things change so quickly in this industry.. 

Good luck to you all! 

23 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I mean... I thought it was funny... I laughed out loud even. Guess I'm just disgusting 😜

• Like 1