CVS Walgreens Quest testing

excitedcruiser

I would love to hear about your experience with result turn around time or cancellation issues with CVS, Walgreens or Quest. Now that I have to have testing done 2 days before cruise I am just curious about the result time line or cancellations happening to anyone. I would rather not go with the home testing if possible. 

When I checked at a few local Walgreens, no one had the ANTIGEN RAPID test, but they did have the other too ID NOW, and PBC....for some odd reason, the only times available for these tests are today and the next day. I noted CVS stores locally schedule 10 days out. My neighbor had the ID NOW test last Saturday, and got the results early MONDAY morning...so wouldnt depend on 24 hour turn around.

4 hours ago, excitedcruiser said:

I would love to hear about your experience with result turn around time or cancellation issues with CVS, Walgreens or Quest. Now that I have to have testing done 2 days before cruise I am just curious about the result time line or cancellations happening to anyone. I would rather not go with the home testing if possible. 

We got the antigen test from CVS here in Arlington. They had a small construction type trailer out in the parking lot. Wife went in at 1 pm, I went in at 1:10. We drove home. Then around 4pm, I get a text saying that the results are in, and gave a link. We printed out the summary page, and included it with our other boarding docs.  Thankfully, both turned up negative. That was on a Wednesday, before our Saturday Vista cruise out of Galveston. 

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

We got the antigen test from CVS here in Arlington. They had a small construction type trailer out in the parking lot. Wife went in at 1 pm, I went in at 1:10. We drove home. Then around 4pm, I get a text saying that the results are in, and gave a link. We printed out the summary page, and included it with our other boarding docs.  Thankfully, both turned up negative. That was on a Wednesday, before our Saturday Vista cruise out of Galveston. 

I go next week,  which cvs did you go to.  I'm in arlington

3 hours ago, topaz123 said:

When I checked at a few local Walgreens, no one had the ANTIGEN RAPID test, but they did have the other too ID NOW, and PBC....for some odd reason, the only times available for these tests are today and the next day. I noted CVS stores locally schedule 10 days out. My neighbor had the ID NOW test last Saturday, and got the results early MONDAY morning...so wouldnt depend on 24 hour turn around.

Could that be because the test was taken on a weekend with no Sunday lab available?

29 minutes ago, Love being Mimi said:

I go next week,  which cvs did you go to.  I'm in arlington

We got tested at what they call the "Minute Clinic" located at Green Oaks Blvd & Park Springs Dr. It's pretty neat. Like I said earlier, it was in a little trailer in the parking lot on the west side of the building(facing Little Road), with 3 or 4 parking spaces right next to it reserved off, for only covid testing. 

8 hours ago, excitedcruiser said:

I used Walgreens a few weeks ago, just before it was required for cruising.  It was thru the drive thru, they asked me to verify my dob then sent them the swab in sealed packaging.  I swabbed my nose as they watched, sent it back.  I got the results within less than 2 hours.  Unfortunately now i can't find any walgreens near me, and there are a bunch, with open appointments.  I did noticed though they closed how far out you can book.  Now it's only 2 days out, it was 2 weeks.  I'm trying CVS & walmart (quest diagnostics) for my cruise in a couple of weeks.  I booked 2 because i have read of many that have gotten canceled last minute.  

Turnaround time for my Walgreens ID Now was 45 minutes. Did the drive-thru at 12:15pm on a Saturday (for Tuesday sailing to AK) and had an email from them 45 minutes later, where you could download the results. We also took a PCR test through our county testing at 8 am that same Saturday and I got my results on Monday but DH didn't get his until AFTER sail away time (6 PM) on Tuesday. I was so glad we did the Walgreens or we wouldn't have been able to sail.

• Like 1

This is a great post, for me anyway.  We sail on Monday Oct 11.  We are flying down on Sunday Oct 10.  I hope to get in and get our test done on Saturday and get the results back in a timely manner.  Or hoping that by then Carnival will have an onsite testing facility at the port.  Still 5 weeks out and anything can change.

So, we got cancelled on Thursday evening before our Friday rapid antigen tests. This came a few hours after getting the appointment reminder. We scrambled to find no options for Friday or Saturday (we were flying out Sunday) so settled for a PCR test at another CVS a few towns over. 

Got there early but they let us go ahead. Once finished, the lady said they are taking 2-4 days and could not offer much more than that. 

Got home and signed up for MyChart and started waiting. At some point in all this, we scheduled a paid test at the Cleveland airport as our backup plan. 

So now for the good news— about 1 am this morning we got a text saying we had test results. Negative yay!  Less than 36 hours to turn it around. 

Not bad for a holiday weekend and with an abundance of tests now happening. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, gigem_aggies said:

We have 2 PCR tests scheduled this Tuesday (one from CVS, one from Curative) plus a Rapid Molecular test from Walgreens.  Hoping for results by Thursday morning from one of them.  😄  I verified with Carnival that any of those would be accepted.

Pleas keep us updated on your testing. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 5:32 PM, loohoo1 said:

Turnaround time for my Walgreens ID Now was 45 minutes. Did the drive-thru at 12:15pm on a Saturday (for Tuesday sailing to AK) and had an email from them 45 minutes later, where you could download the results. We also took a PCR test through our county testing at 8 am that same Saturday and I got my results on Monday but DH didn't get his until AFTER sail away time (6 PM) on Tuesday. I was so glad we did the Walgreens or we wouldn't have been able to sail.

I didn’t think ID now was accepted 

• Like 1

Cliffs notes of my experience

-scheduled Walmart pcr Wednesday 9am

-scheduled cvs rapid Wednesday 12:30

-did Walmart as scheudled

-cvs told me they could only do pcr

-Walmart results came in Friday morning. 
-cvs results came in Sunday morning. 

if I put all my eggs in the cvs basket I would’ve had to test at the airport to cruise.

1 hour ago, morningstarme said:

When making your appointment, where ever you are making them are you telling them why you are getting the rest?   Most, if not all of the sites I have looked at for scheduling, you have to answer the “questions” to see if testing is warranted.    

I answered yes to the first two questions and no to the rest of them.