NCL Air question

MagnoliaBlossom

We have never done cruise air before but couldn’t pass up the Free second flier promo on our London to Iceland cruise.  Our 330 day point is coming up in a few weeks and can any of you tell me how this will work?   Will NCL contact me, is there a dedicated line, or will they just assign us flights and let us know?    

thanks in advance,  happy Labor Day,

MB

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Will NCL contact me, is there a dedicated line, or will they just assign us flights and let us know?  

In reality, it's far too early to expect any information regarding your Air/flights for your cruise in 330days.  Fights, sure you've seen some posts regarding dates, but NCL doesn't give much info until around 60 days prior to sail date.  

I have a cruise booked in Jan. 2022 and I know the info I have is just a "place holder" and until it's closer to the actual sail date I won't bet on any info being accutate.  

Will NCL contact you... I doubt it. The best place to find information regarding your flights will be on your account "MyNcl".  I wouldn't and certainly haven't, put much store in what's on my account, until 120 or maybe even 60 days, prior to my sail date in Jan or Feb... I'm looking at changing my sail date. 

All the best and hope you enjoy your cruise. 

Cheers

• Like 1

You really do not want flight info very far out.  DH & I have 2 cruises (not on NCL) and a trip to Hawaii planned for this fall.  We did our own flights with AA and Alaska Airlines.  All have been changed 2 or 3 times and still might be changed again.  Great flight times when I originally booked them.  Now one of them we have to spend overnight in DFW at a hotel and continue in the morning to our destination.  Two other's we now do not arrive home until 12:15am, in the past last flight of the day arrived at 10 something.  Wish us good luck finding a taxi to take us home at 12:30or 12:45am in our small town.  Hopefully our next Spring trip on NCL with NCL flights DFW - London and then AMS back to DFW (they do not fly to our airport GJT) will not be changed by airlines once ticketed.

40 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

For those of you have had NCL book your flights, did you feel you got good routing?

We did, non-stop from DC to Miami, only 1 connection coming back. Considering the amazing price, and the fact we get free checked bags with the carrier, we're pretty happy campers, er, sailors. 😂

• Haha 1

We were booked on the Jade out of Athens October 3, 2021.  My sister decided to fly out of Chicago instead of Fort Wayne, assuming she would get a direct flight.  No luck; NCL just assigned flights.  She connected in DC on the way out and JFK coming back. Another sister connected through Chicago and then got a direct flight from there to Athens.  Called the airline, couldn't help as they said that only the travel agent who booked it could change it.  Called NCL and they would not budge.  She would have had to leave Fort Wayne about 5:00 in the morning and then would have gotten back to Fort Wayne 4:00 in the morning the next day after the cruise.

I think that NCL has a preferred flight upcharge program where they will work with you.  

We have cancelled using Peace of Mind because we had planned on going to Athens two days early and under the new COVID protocol we would have to get a COVID test either the day of travel or upon arrival in Athens.  Either way, we would be already in Greece not knowing whether NCL would take care of us if we tested positive at the pier.

I know that it can all change, but right NOW, it looks like our return flight from our 11- London to Iceland cruise in July 2022, has us with 2 layovers. Im sorta ok with it based on the cost we are paying with NCL (Thank you NCL Air Promo). 

My Question is this:  If you have taken advantage of NCL booking your air, whether with the promo or not, have you had any success with requesting 1 layover or less?  Im thinking it is just more of an opportunity to have a snafu of some kind.

Also, again based on the route showing on my account, and knowing that it can change, the POSSIBLE flights would have us changing AIRPORTS (flying into JFK, and out of LGA to connect in MSP).

I did a "WIDE" search based on the route showing and that is what was returned.

I'm just wondering if it would even work to call my PCC and request no more than 1 layover?

TIA for any insight you have

On 9/8/2021 at 4:15 PM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

For those of you have had NCL book your flights, did you feel you got good routing?

We had HUGE issues with our routing.  Returning home from Athens, Greece they routed us through Paris (CDG) with a 50 minute connection time.  I tried every way from Sunday to get that changed...no one could/would make any changes.  Delta *couldn't* change it because the reservation was "owned" by NCL.  Nobody at NCL would even talk to me about it.  And, of course it was Basic Economy so could not do any kind of upgrade!

And...we missed our flight.  Air France had to put us up in an airport hotel for the night and provide meal vouchers.  Now, most people would say "Hey, you got a free night in Paris! What are you complaining about?"  You don't get your luggage in this scenario!  All we got was a small "convenience" pack with a toothbrush, toothpaste, a T shirt and a sleep mask! 

We have another NCL cruise booked for next year using the same promo.  I will most likely cancel the air portion and have that credited back to me so I can book my own air.  Never again if I have ANY option.