Cruise leaving on NYE- - Is first night a formal night?

SMMRLUVN

I’m on a NYE cruise on Anthem and as of now the men in our party are just wearing dark suits, with ties. The ladies will have dressy dresses, but not gowns. 

That other site has a page dedicated to our cruise, and I haven’t seen any men post they are wearing a tux. 

Hope me that helps, Paul

You cannot over dress on a cruise enjoy your NYE 🙂 big night for photos too . BUT there will be people that will look like they have just played golf AND some like they just finished doing yard work whom will tell you that there is no longer a Formal night .😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last time I took a rented tux onboard was back in 2002 on Celebrity. I fit in pretty good back then. Things have changed since back then and very few men wear them now. I no longer do it, but it is ok if the men want to go the extra mile. Much better than the Disney cruise I went on in 2000 where men were wearing Nascar t-shirts for dinner. 

Edited by coaster

There will definitely be men in tuxes, so they won’t be alone. Even on the most informal cruises I have been on people will get dressed to the nines.

The only thing about my particular cruise is that formal night is the first evening, and sometimes luggage arrives late, so getting ready may be a hectic proposition, especially if you have an early seating or dinner reservation. 

Whatever you do I hope you have a great time and a great cruise!

7 hours ago, SMMRLUVN said:

Thanks. I really have my heart set on hubs & young son wearing a tux, I think I can convince them with this info…

Some ships did rent tuxs. Not sure the price or which ships. They did before covid, but it could be different now.

• Like 1

Here's a picture from our New Year's Anthem cruise in 2019/2020.  It was just a couple months before the COVID nightmare started.  Most men did not wear jackets.  It might be different this time as the ship departs NJ on 12/31 and it will most likely be very cold outside for NYE. I will certainly wear a blazer so we can step outside during the night.

cf_hny.jpg

• Like 1