Learning Lesson Of Procrastination!!!

Bo1953

Hello all - Yes, I waited until next to the last day to purchase travel insurance (Saturday, 4 Sept) to get the Pre-Existing Condition Waiver, through one of our favourite providers here AND directly from the insurer itself only to find that their website is down and has been for the last few days... including today.

Do I take it as the insurer is not taking on any new business or what?

It is Travel Insured that I Am trying to purchase, now have to look elsewhere, as a portion of my cruise is in the U.S. and includes Bermuda.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Any other insurers to recommend?

Need the policy to be 'primary' for health and evacuation, while coverage for the actual trip is not necessary at all.

TIA - bo1953

Take a look at Trawick International. It provides high-limit primary coverage that can be purchased by final payment. I have not used this company, but insuremytrip rates it as a top pick for Covid coverage.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Hello all - Yes, I waited until next to the last day to purchase travel insurance (Saturday, 4 Sept) to get the Pre-Existing Condition Waiver, through one of our favourite providers here AND directly from the insurer itself only to find that their website is down and has been for the last few days... including today.

Do I take it as the insurer is not taking on any new business or what?

It is Travel Insured that I Am trying to purchase, now have to look elsewhere, as a portion of my cruise is in the U.S. and includes Bermuda.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Any other insurers to recommend?

Need the policy to be 'primary' for health and evacuation, while coverage for the actual trip is not necessary at all.

TIA - bo1953

I had no trouble getting on to Travel Insured's website right after reading your post.

GC

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

I had no trouble getting on to Travel Insured's website right after reading your post.

GC

I just found out by using a different third browser I was able to get to it...

Yikes, so again I get thwarted... LOL

Thank you and bon voyage!!!

3 hours ago, Babr said:

Take a look at Trawick International. It provides high-limit primary coverage that can be purchased by final payment. I have not used this company, but insuremytrip rates it as a top pick for Covid coverage.

Thank you for the referral b, yet upon reading independent reviews, it appears that there are quite a few challenges with claim payments...

It is quite possible that purchasers did not read the policy and coverages, I will stick with an agent to help though.

bon voyage

21 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Thank you for the referral b, yet upon reading independent reviews, it appears that there are quite a few challenges with claim payments...

It is quite possible that purchasers did not read the policy and coverages, I will stick with an agent to help though.

bon voyage

That is an important consideration. I have not read the reviews. I just noted it had lots of desirable features - high dollar limits, primary coverage, pre-existing condition waiver at final payment, extra funds for Covid quarantine - all in one policy. Too bad the claims process is flawed. That is a deal breaker.